Chapter 3

They begin to have regular correspondence after those first few emails. Once the initial awkward patch has shed, they begin to talk about anything and everything. Their topics range from favorite color, to books, to more serious topics like their city's political situation and each of their respective jobs. The date they agree to meet up can't possibly come soon enough.

(Jennie has also managed to watch all of Lisa's movies. Even one all the way from 2013 called The Grange, which she has to purchase off a sketchy website because she can't find it available anywhere else.)

She tells Rosé about her emails with Lisa a week later. She (of course) freaked out that Jennie hadn't told her she'd met the Lalisa Manoban. Jennie tries to play it off by saying that the entire experience has felt like something out of a dream, but Rosé is Rosé. After it sunk in, she'd teased Jennie immediately about how she was "glad she's expanding her social circle," but Jennie could tell she is happy that Jennie is happy.

And... she can't deny that talking with Lisa has boosted her mood a little. She's even felt encouraged enough to finish the painting sitting back in her studio. Granted, it was a little difficult to rescue it from the abandoned state she'd left it in, but somehow she managed to pull together something that wasn't... awful.

Currently, Jennie stands in her bedroom, the door to her closet wide open as she scans the endless possibilities for her outfit tonight. Rosé is sprawled on her bed, holding her phone above her face and paying Jennie little attention.

"What about red?" Jennie says, "She seems to like red. And I look good in red... I think..."

"You look good in anything," Rosé says as though it should be obvious.

"Really helpful, Rosé," Jennie sighs dramatically, pulling a few options out and hating every one of them, "What do you think she'll wear?"

"You're going out for drinks?" She asks, looking at Jennie over her phone with her brows raised. Jennie nods, "Probably nothing more than her regular clothes. It sounds very casual, Jennie."

"I guess. But she's Lisa Manoban, and I..."

"You what?" Rosé pushes herself up, leaning on her arm and looking at Jennie with a sly smile, "Are you trying to woo her, Ms. Kim?"

"I regret informing you of any of this," Jennie finds a pair of nice jeans and a sweater and looks them over instead of meeting Rosé's eyes.

"You don't mean that," Rosé tsks, "What would you do without me?"

"Well..." She decides this is what she'll wear and picks out a pair of boots, "If I didn't have you I'd just be left with Roger," her manager, "And that... would be a sad existence."

"I quite agree," Rosé grimaces, then looks at the clothes on her arm, "That'll be cute. The paint stain is a nice touch."

Jennie's heart drops to her stomach and she frantically searches the pants for the stain, "Shit, really?" These are her nice pants, too!

"I'm kidding," Rosé smirks. Jennie clenches her jaw and sends a glare Rosé's way as she heads for the bathroom, "You're gonna look beautiful! You don't need to be so jumpy and nervous, Jennie!"

"You're an asshole!" Is her only response.

"But you love me!"

"Not right now, I don't!"

"Dirty liar!"

"Rosé, I swear to god-" Jennie scolds as she opens the bathroom door, now fully dressed in her new outfit. She cuts herself off when she sees Rosé smiling at her like a proud sister.