Chapter 10

Jennie: They got my name in this one! This is huge!
10:32 AM
Jennie: www.celebgossip.com/Lisa-Manoban-Out-with-Girlfriend-Jennie-Kim/article
10:32 AM
Lisa: Aw, look. They caught us kissing. You look beautiful.
10:33 AM
Jennie: Omg I didn't actually read the article... wow I almost knocked over my wine when I kissed you like that.
10:34 AM
Lisa: I enjoyed it ;)
10:36 AM
Jennie: Are you busy for lunch? How's your last day of sitting through auditions going?
10:39 AM
Lisa: They haven't even started yet. Kill me now.
10:40 AM
Lisa: But yes, lunch. We can meet at the little place just down the street from this... I think it's a conference center they rented some rooms in? No idea, honestly. I'll text you the address in a bit. Does 1 work for you?
10:45 AM
Jennie: Sure does, hot stuff.
10:46 AM
Lisa: Wonderful <3
10:47 AM
Camila: <3
10:47 AM

Jennie is still smiling down at her phone when she hears keys jangling just outside her door. Moments later, Rosé comes barreling in, Irene right behind her. She looks about ready to combust.

"Jennie, I cannot believe the amount of disrespect! How come I had to learn about your date with Lisa via a news article? An article, Jennie-!" She stops mid-sentence when her eyes land on Jennie's once blank wall, now filled to the brim with color. "What the fuck is that monstrosity?"

"Please tell me that is not permanent," Irene says, having a very similar wide-eyed expression on her face as the two of them come further into the apartment, "Like, you're not serious? If you are serious, though, it certainly is abstract... and different from your usual style. It's... funky?"

"I bet she blacked out drunk and painted it."

"I dunno. Jennie's drunk paintings are actually very good."

"Regardless, this is just disturbing."

"Very disturbing."

"Both of you are aggravating," Jennie says, wanting to sound serious but laughing anyway, "That is the product of a night spent with Lisa."

"Don't show her. She'll be insulted," Rosé says.

"We painted it together, Rosé," Jennie rolls her eyes. The two of them get closer to inspect. To be honest, Jennie isn't entirely sure what it's supposed to be. The art styles are extremely different. And, Lisa cannot wield a paintbrush to save her life. Jennie adores her, but... She really can't.

The best way Jennie can think to describe it... is if a tropical forest was infested with household pets having a party of sorts. Jennie had started painting trees thinking Lisa was painting a jaguar, but then it turned out to be a large cat wearing a bowtie and a tophat. At least, that's how Lisa described it. To Jennie, it looks like it could be a baby goat... or a zebra.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend," Jennie tells them while they're looking at the mural, "She said yes."

"Of course she did," Rosé says, waving a hand as she inspects what could be a horse... or a dog. Probably a dog. Then, Jennie's words sink in and she turns around, "Wait! What?!" Jennie just smiles.

They spend the next thirty minutes gushing to Jennie and begging for all the details. Jennie doesn't even bother asking why they came here to begin with. She does, however, force them to leave when she has to start getting ready for her lunch date with Lisa. Rosé insists that they meet up the next day for coffee. She tells her she has news of her own, concerning Jisoo, who she has apparently been texting since Lisa's party.

Jennie takes the subway to the restaurant, even though Lisa offers to send a car for her. There's just something about this date that feels very... domestic to Jennie. And she doesn't want to disturb it. It feels good to take the subway to get lunch with her girlfriend. Jennie could kill for a burger, and no paparazzi possibly getting a disgusting picture of her with grease on her face is going to stop her. Lisa is there already waiting for her in a corner booth, a menu in hand. She grins when Jennie approaches, and Jennie leans down to kiss Lisa before sitting down across from her.