Chapter 8

Lisa has been coming over very often. Jennie isn't complaining. Every minute she spends with Lisa only feeds her growing feelings for the woman. The only thing is... every time Jennie tries to ask Lisa out, she ends up chickening out. There are even a few instances where Jennie can tell Lisa is about to ask her out, but they get inconveniently interrupted, usually by Rosé, who is insanely oblivious to the fact that she's breaking up what she seems to be very excited to see set sail.

Currently, the two of them are seated on Jennie's couch, eating the takeout Lisa picked up on her way over. Jennie has her legs crossed underneath herself, with her box of nuggets in her lap. She holds a little sauce container, dipping her nuggets into it as she eats them. Lisa has her food on the coffee table, occasionally leaning down to take a bite. She has one leg pulled up onto the couch, the other hanging over the side. They're sitting closer than they need to, considering there is at least a full cushion of space behind both of them.

Jennie admires Lisa' side profile as she reaches forward to grab a fry and dip it into ketchup. She has her hair up in a high-pony, and it falls over her shoulder as she moves towards the coffee table. Her eyeliner had been done perfectly, and Jennie just knows that the wing on the side she can't see must match exactly. Lisa's nose ring glints against the light coming from the hanging light above. She looks so casual, yet so beautiful. Jennie feels lucky to get to see Lisa like this.

She's snapped from her daze when Lisa turns to face her, and Jennie realizes she's been speaking. Her eyes are so gorgeous...

"She didn't even know the material," Lisa continues, clearly annoyed, "How do you come to an audition that unprepared?"

From what Jennie remembers, Lisa was telling her about the auditions she had to sit through today for the other minor roles in her new movie. She blinks, "It's unprofessional."

"Right?" Lisa scoffs, "Before she started, she gave this ridiculous little speech about how she was so grateful for the opportunity and yadda yadda," Lisa waves a hand, "But you know what? I'm mainly just upset that we have to delay by another week because they can't settle on a cast list."

"Did Irene get that role? What was the character's name?"

"Paige," Lisa nods, "She got it. She aced it."

"That's good," Jennje smiles.

"But anyway," Lisa changes the subject, "How was your day?"

"It was good," Jennie answers, reaching a hand up to brush her hair over her shoulder. She glances back at her hallway, "I finished a painting today."

"Did you?" Lisa's smile is encouraging and beautiful. Jennie feels a little rush of butterflies. She still has yet to show Lisa her studio. She has been avoiding it, if she's being honest. It's just such a personal place for her. Taking Lisa in there... would be like giving Lisa a piece of her soul. But... Jennie wants to show her.

"Yeah..." Jennie clears her throat, setting her box of nuggets down, "Can I show you?" The way Lisa's eyes light up only affirms Jennie's desire to show her.

Lisa lets Jennie guide her by the hand to her studio. She hesitates with her hand over the handle, glancing back at Lisa, "I'm sorry about the mess," She twists the nob, "Just try and ignore it."

"No worries..." She hears Lisa say as she opens the door completely, the two of them entering. Jennje lets go of Lisa's hand and flips the light switch, illuminating the space. She goes to the easel, turning it and the painting around to face the door. When Jennie turns back around she sees Lisa, caught by the doorway with a wide-eyed, fascinated look on her face.

She chooses not to say anything, simply letting Lisa take it all in. Jennie's paintings hang on almost every wall, the only exception being the wall behind Jennie, which has several cabinets filled with paint and supplies, a collection of blank canvases, and some counter space currently coated in sketches and sketchbooks.