Chapter 5: MIA

Dokkaebi POV

Why did this have to happen? Why did this have to happen? Why did this have to happen? Those six words have been cycling through my head for the three months that we've been trapped here. A helicopter flew overhead in the beginning, but didn't see our signals. I don't understand. There's no food. We've been living off of three one day rations for months. The water situation isn't good. We have a water source, but it's dirty. We've been drinking from it either way.  

Six POV

Dokkaebi, Ash, Sledge, Zero, and Glaz have been MIA for months. We've sent teams out and they've come back with nothing. The only thing we found was Sledge's gas mask near the explosion zone with a large amount of blood. This was enough to classify him as presumed KIA.

Dokkaebi, Ash, Zero, and Glaz have only been MIA but we still want them back. We need our Operators. We need our family. Everyone is family in this team. Everyone is a brother or a sister. We can't afford to lose even one. 

Six: We will find our missing Operators. We will not let this go unanswered. Delta will pay for what they've done. I have updated the world terror list and placed Delta at number one. This doesn't just include the three Operatives of Delta, it includes any who associate themselves with Delta. They will be shot on sight. No exceptions. Delta will not get away with this. They've committed too many atrocities on this planet. They're the largest threat to the well-being of the innocent lives in every country around the world. Five of our Operators are missing in action, one presumed KIA. May God bless this world. May God bless their souls.

Dokkaebi POV

Six: We will find our missing Operators. We will not let this go unanswered. Delta will pay for what they've done. I have updated the world terror list and placed Delta at number one. This doesn't just include the three Operatives of Delta, it includes any who associate themselves with Delta. They will be shot on sight. No exceptions. Delta will not get away with this. They've committed too many atrocities on this planet. They're the largest threat to the well-being of the innocent lives in every country around the world. Five of our Operators are missing in action, one presumed KIA. May God bless this world. May God bless their souls.

We found a TV that wasn't broken and heard Six's speech.

Grace: Which one of us is presumed KIA?

Timur: Probably Seamus. They might have found his mask and seen the blood.

Eliza: Speaking of Seamus, how is he?

Timur: Not dead.

Sam: We need to find a way out.

Grace: There isn't a way. We have to wait for them to find us.

Sam: We can't live off of these rations for any longer.

Grace: What else can we do? Walk through the outback?

Sam: We would have a better chance of being rescued.

Grace: We should've stayed at the compound. They would've found us! But we followed your idea and left!

Timur: You two, break it up! We don't need to be killing each other right now.

Eliza: Everyone be quiet and turn the lights off.

Grace: Why? What's happening?

Eliza: I see some not so friendly people.

I grabbed the old lantern from the small table and blew the fire out.

Eliza: Look.

I looked out the window and saw three figures get out of a vehicle. One of them had a grenade launcher in their hands and they were walking towards us. We had one gun left - Timur's rifle.

Timur: Move, I will take a look.

Timur set his rifle up in the window and quickly ducked down. I glanced out and saw the person whom I assumed would be Jun "Wrath" Geong point at the building.

Grace: Shit. Everyone stay quiet.

I heard the distant talking of the three. It got louder as they got closer and Wrath's voice faded into my hearing.

Wrath:..... Kill them all.

Eliza: That didn't sound good.

We were whispering so we weren't heard and began to breathe slowly and quietly.

Grace: Nobody move.

Wrath: Search there.

Banshee: There's another building there.

I heard the sand quietly moving and crunching with each step the Delta Operatives took. Suddenly, it stopped. It stopped and I heard the charging handle of a rifle get pulled.

Wrath: I can see in this one. Go to the second one.

They skipped the medium sized shed we were in because Wrath said he could see in. We were all hiding up against the wall so we weren't spotted.

Nova: Hey, I found something!

My heart dropped and sped up at least triple the speed it should be. I heard something soft or small get picked up and a few seconds of silence.

Nova: Look at this. It's a 707th SMB hat.

Wrath: That Operator must've dropped it.

Banshee: Now we have one of their gas masks and a hat.

Seamus wasn't unconscious or dead. He was just in the other room in this two roomed shed. What are we going to do if they check in here? We can't run. They have guns. If we're captured, we're just going to get killed. We have one gun that isn't meant for close quarters. Sam and I have our knives, not that we could kill all three of them.

Wrath: They had to have come through here then.

Nova: That could've been months ago.

Banshee: It probably was.

Wrath: Let's continue our search. We need to find these assholes. They could've saved the file. We can't afford to lose it.

I heard the footsteps get farther and farther away before being inaudible.

Grace: What file?

Timur: Anything in that compound is ash.

Seamus: The file that they left by you, Timur.

Timur: It just says silence.

Grace: Wait, give me the paper.

There was a small code that I could scan with my tablet. The file opened up on my tablet and had some information. Coordinates that were five kilometers from us stating the location of Bunker Zeta. Next to the coordinates "Vacant 15:15 10/10 - 10/30"

Grace: There's coordinates for Bunker Zeta. It says it's vacant for twenty days.

Seamus: How far from here?

Grace: Five kilometers.

Seamus: I might not make it there, but let's start the walk.

Seamus still had an injured leg, not broken but injured pretty badly.

Timur: I will carry you if needed.

Seamus: We have pull cords for a reason.

Pull cords attach from one person's vest to another so it's easier to drag them. Before I turned my tablet off, I saw something else. "Five Operators. Stranded. Exterminate."

Grace: Hey, if we get spotted, we're dead.

Eliza: Fucking great. Don't we just love this situation?

Seamus: Chances are, they're just going to shoot anything that moves.

Timur: Because we're the only ones out here.