Chapter 19: No Chance

Nienke "Iana" Meijer
16 June 2023
05:57
Northern Coast of Germany

I landed on the north coast of Germany with a ton of British troops. We had been training up in Team Rainbow for this battle. This will turn the tide of the war if we win. I landed with Mike, Sam, Seamus, and Jordan. I don't even know how many British troops there are with us.

Nienke: Let's win a war.

Jordan: Don't get ahead of yourself. We haven't even won a battle yet.

Sam: We've got this one though.

Seamus: Your head is up your ass.

SAS: Hey, settle your shit outside of the battlefield, children.

Elzbieta "Malutki" Bosak
16 June 2023
6:17
Northern Coast of Germany

Our troops were hidden, under my command. I had the idea of hiding us until the hostiles advanced. We could ambush them. A few hundred meters away, I saw the first enemy come over the horizon. Except, it wasn't an enemy. It was a Gemini Replicator.

Ela: No one shoot! It's fake!

The replicator ran out and turned off a few seconds later. I heard a lot of noise on the other side of this hill. A few engines start up and something I will never forget. I saw a bright blue flare rise up and burn with a large, near blinding flame. British troops began pouring over the hill. We weren't spotted yet so we remained quiet until about seventy-five Brits were over the hill.

Jun: Open fire!

It was like a firing line. We all had brush and leaves over us to hide us. So, we all stood up and the cover fell to the ground behind us. I heard the distant screams of the Brits as we opened fire and caught one voice out of the chaos.

Jordan: Fuck you!

Ela: Target the Spec Ops!

We started referring to Team Rainbow as Spec Ops.

Jun: Aren't they your old teammates?

Ela: They were. Now, they're troublesome.

Jun patted me on the shoulder and focused back to our war.

Jun: Move back to the bunker!

As we were backing up, one of our Ghosts ran to the front of the group, in front of Delta. In this Ghost's hands, an AT4 one use rocket launcher. He fired it, almost knocking a lot of us on our asses.

Jun: Ghost! Get back here!

When we were back in the bunker, Jun pulled that Ghost from the line.

Jun: What are you doing, Ghost?! Are you a traitor?! You're going to get someone killed, YOU DONUT! PLANK!

Jun sounded like when he was first training these Ghosts. He was back to the Drill Instructor days. The knife hand all up in the Ghost's face, about two millimeters away.

Ghost: No, Commander! I'm not trying to kill us!

Jun: Don't fucking touch another AT4 or I will skin you alive!

Ghost: Yes, Commander!

Ela: You're a Ghost! You're not a fucking soldier anymore! I will kick your ass!

Ghost: Yes, Commander! 

Ela: You get back in the line, Ghost!

Ghost: Yes, Commander!

The Ghost hurried his ass back to the front line and I returned to the middle front with Jun. As I crouched behind a sandbag wall, I heard a whistling in the air.

Dallas: Mort-

Dallas finished the word, but no one heard it. No one heard because the whistling got louder and louder until mortars crashed down on our location. Thankfully, the bunker protected us from the mortars so no one was killed.

Jun: Deploy Klein!

Ghost Sergeant: How many?!

Jun: All of them!

Ela: Deploy Armata Warkot!

Ghost Sergeant: Yes, Commander!

As hundreds of Klein drones approached us from being deployed, the sound of them overpowered the gunshots and explosions. There was one sound that overpowered all of that: Armata Warkot. The low pitched launch of a missile from Armata Warkot ripped through the sound barriers and crashed down upon our hostiles with a large explosion. As I looked up, the sky wasn't blue at this point. The sky was black with Klein drones, completely blocking the entire sky. No clouds, no blue, just black drones.

Jun: Ghosts, cease fire!

Ela: Jun, why are we ceasing?

Jun: Let the drones work then we fight, Malutki.

Jun knew that I disliked being called Malutki unless it was by one of the Ghosts. By Delta, no. By my friends, by Delta, no don't call me Malutki. Jun did it because he thought it was funny. Because it's him, I didn't get angry or aggravated.

Ela: Juniper.

Jun: Oh, fuck you. Do not use my full name.

Alexa "Banshee" Logan
16 June 2023
6:32
Northern Coast of Germany

The waves were so close we could literally walk twelve meters and hit the ocean. Jun and Ela are cute. They haven't said anything about a relationship at all, but it seems like they're a lot closer than friends. Even in the act of defending our great nation, they were fucking with each other. Even being somewhat flirty. I can't say for sure, but I think I'm right, Ela and Jun are something. And if they aren't, they're great fucking friends.

Alexa: Dallas.

Dallas: Yeah, what's up?

Alexa: Look at the sky. It's literally all black with drones.

Dallas: Yeah, the blue is completely gone.

Explosions started shaking the battlefield from our Klein drones and Armata Warkot. The Klein drones that were using the MGs were constantly moving to avoid being shot from the sky. These drones are insane. They're pretty low to the ground, a tall person could grab one. Like a 1.90 meter person could just reach up and grab it. I saw a little blue light roll up underneath the large group of our Klein drones, followed by another and finally a third.

Elzbieta "Malutki" Bosak
16 June 2023
6:41
Northern Coast of Germany

Ela: Oh, fuck.

Alexa: What the fuck are those?

Ela: EMP grenades.

Mike was here. Those were his EMP grenades. Our Klein drones all fucking dropped to the ground and Armata Warkot was directed to fly off back to our main base before anything could happen to it. Armata Warkot is very expensive so we are going to try to not have it destroyed.

Ela: Ghosts! Get ready to fight!