C H A P T E R I

Nakano Hitoko, a small boy the age of 13, his skin is as white as snow, and has the eyes of sapphire, with a scar on his left cheek. But even though he seems like an ordinary, his story is incredible.

"Tanjiro! Are you selling coal?" The small boy questioned as he investigated the basket of coal his slightly taller boyfriend was carrying. "Can I help?" He pouted with a pair of puppy dog eyes. The other boy laughed slightly at the others cuteness, making a small nod at the same time. "Of course you can, Nako, why don't you help me by taking the coal out of the basket and giving it to the residents?" This "Tanjiro" boy suggested kindly, with a bright and warm smile that almost never leaves his face. The small brunette nodded, and jumped around in excitement.

After the couple had sold the coal, their legs where tired and aching. But in a moment of pain and suffering, Nakano's eyes lit up at the abandoned sled. "nAKO NO-" Tanjiro warned, trying to restrain his small boyfriend from unleashing absolute chaos. But the cheeky brunette, thanks to his petite figure, had slipped out of his arms and grabbed the sled. He sat on it carefully, positioning himself so he was sitting at the front. Nakano smirked mischievously and patted the back of the sled, signalling Tanjiro to get on. The reddish brown haired boy facepalmed with a sigh, and hopped on the old sled.

"Alright, 3,2,1, GO!" Nakano yelled overjoyed as the sled came sliding down the steep hill at the fastest pace possible. Tanjiro screamed and held onto his boyfriend's waist and closing his eyes on his shoulders. "WOOOOOOOOOO!" Nakano cheered and let go of the sled, holding out his arms in a t pose. Although, the brunette wasn't really paying enough mind, because soon the couple came crashing into a tree. The smaller boy groaned as he held his bleeding, broken nose, while the other was untouched. Tanjiro opened his eyes in shock as he eyed the other boy who had blood dripping from his nose, staining the snow bright red. "N-NAKANO! HANG ON ILL GET HELP! JUST STAY THERE AND TRY TO STOP THE BLEEDING!"

The taller boy frantically looked around for help, but quickly turned his head when the brunette burst out laughing. "Did you see that?! That was awesome!" He cackled maniacally, making poor Tanjiro think he got a concussion as well as a broken nose. "Nako, this is serious! You could have literally died!" He exclaimed. "Am I dead though?" Nakano smirked. "N-no." The other stuttered, still having a slight sense of worry. "Are you dead?" Nakano questioned once more, tilting his eyebrow slightly. "No." Tanjiro muttered, looking down at his feet. Nakano smiled and laughed, making the reddish brunette turn bright red. The taller boy kneeled at the other, tilting his chin gently. "Give me a look." Tanjiro ordered, wiping the blood off with his hand, because he had nothing else to wipe it off with. "Yeah, it definitely looks broken." The boy sighed, planting a small kiss on the others forehead.

"Just promise me, don't do anything stupid like that again." Tanjiro giggled, with his burgundy orbs locking with Nakano's bright teal ones, and the brunette leaned into a kiss. After a soft, and heartwarming moment, they parted lips. "Promise." The blue eyed boy muttered while smiling.

"Hey, my grandpa lives nearby here, why don't we go stay there?" The reddish brunette suggested, holding his smaller boyfriends hand to lift him up. Their legs were thankfully, no longer feeling tired and they began to walk a short distance to the home.

"Grandpa!" Tanjro greeted as the old man opened the door, with his eyes focused on Nakano. "Hm, who's this?" The man questioned. "A-ah, this is my boyfriend, Nakano Hitoko." He awkwardly introduced the small boy, making the grandpa cheer in excitement. "So, which do you think suits better, Nakano Kamado, or Tanjiro Hitoko? When do you plan on getting married? Do your parents know about this, ooh, have you had se-" the old man started monologing, but Tanjiro quickly shut him up. "GRANDPA! WE'RE 13! DONT ASK SUCH QUESTIONS!!!!!!" He exclaimed and Nakano let out a small giggle. "Alright alright, come in, the demons are emerging, I can feel it." The grandpa whispered, earning a look of confusion from the kids. Before the could ask what the hell a demon was, they were hurried inside.

"G-grandpa, what's a demon?" Burgundy eyed boy finally asked, making the grey haired male exhale quietly and put down his tea.

(After he tells the story.)

"Holy crap! That's awful!" Nakano gasped slightly, shivering a little bit from the fright. "Don't worry sir! We'll make sure the world is safe from these demons!" He piped up, clenching his fists in determination. "Yes, yes, I'm sure you two will become fine demon slayers one day, but all hunters need sleep, speaking of, I think it's time you two went to bed." Tanjiro's grandpa spoke, ruffling the two boys hair. "Hai!" Tanjiro and Nakano both obeyed in unison and plopped down on their futons, drifting off to sleep.

The next morning.

"Bye grandpa! Thanks for having us!" Tanjiro smiled as the two boys waved and walked off. They headed to their journey back home, talking and making jokes on the way, as the pair usually do. But all of that talking stopped when they had both arrived at Tanjiro's home.

The two's eyes widened in shock, and they both started to feel dizzy. There Nezuko, Tanjiro's little sister laid, huddling another one of this siblings corpses, they were lying in a pool of blood, and both looked lifeless. The reddish brunette tried to hold his scream as he ran over to the two, frantically checking for any sign of life. "Nezuko! She's still warm!" He gasped, and then he looked up...

To the most horrific sight you could ever imagine.
The rest of the family... dead, half of their corpses still remained, but were grusomely covered in blood, staining the walls and the floorboards. Some of the family members eyes still hung open, revealing their now dead and lifeless orbs. "W-why?" Tanjiro's voice cracked and started to feel faint. Nakano ran over to him and helped him pick up nezuko, giving sorrowful eyes to the sight in front of him.

The two were running through the blizzarding forest, with nezuko on Tanjiro's back, still hanging on to all the life she had left. Suddenly, the little girl awoke, making snarling noises. But that isn't what scared them the most, she started to crack her head in all directions, like she was possessed, and her eyes turned completely white. She jumped off of the boys back and stood in a fighting position. "N-Nezuko! You shouldn't walk! Here, let me carry you!" Tanjiro urged the girl, but she paid no mind whatsoever.