Chapter 8

Himawari looked rather upset.

'You aren't coming with us?'

Yukina smiled apologetically.'Sorry,dear,I can't.'She bent down to Himawari's level and poked her in the forehead.'Maybe next time...'

Himawari touched her forehead and looked admiringly at Yukina,the disappointment of moments earlier already forgotten.

'See you later then,aunt Yukina!'With that,Himawari went with her mother to the market.Boruto was off god knew where with his friends,much to Hinata's annoyance.Apparently,he was quite the troublemaker...

Itana asked,'Aren't you her grandmother?'

yukina smiled.Bless her child....'Yes,but I am only a few years older than her parents.I don't feel like being called a grandmother yet.'

At that moment,the doorbell rang.

Yukina looked through the peephole to find Kakashi standing outside.

                                                         **********************************

Kakashi confessed,'I was hoping to catch the two of you by yourselves.'His expression turned serious.'We need to talk.'

Yukina had expected this sooner or later.Though if she had a choice,she wouldn't have agreed to discuss this,but it was necessary.This was actually the second time she had met Kakashi,but she already respected and admired the man.

'Feel free to ask anything you want.'

'First of all,about your son...his father is Itachi Uchiha,correct?'

'Yes.'

'I would like to confirm it..His Sharingan-can I see?'

Immediately two ruby-red orbs stared at him.Satisfied,Kakashi nodded,and Itana also deactivated his Sharingan.

'As far as I heard,you were kidnapped by the Akatsuki,a terrorist organization from the past,and developed feelings towards him.Were you married?'

'Yes.'

'You understand that your husband was known as a criminal,and as such your beliefs and ideology will naturally be questioned.Do you support such activities?'

'No.'

Kakashi nodded once again and relaxed,when suddenly Yukina asked him:

'What do you know about Itachi?'

Kakashi hadn't expected this question,but he sensed that she was trying to tell him something.

'I was his captain in the ANBU,but I don't think the relationship could be called much more than acquaintances... '

'But you knew his personality,right?Like what he would or wouldn't do..'

Kakashi could guess what Yukina was hinting at.

He had always known that deep down,though he had suppressed it all along.

That Itachi had wiped out his clan at the same time when there was a rumour that the Uchiha were preparing for a coup couldn't be a coincidence....