Chapter 9

Kakashi stayed silent for several minutes.Then he asked,'What do you plan to do now?'

Yukina shrugged.'I haven't decided yet.But we should leave Konoha soon.We can't afford to stay here.'

Kakashi nodded,lost for words for the first time in ages.

'Will that be all?'

Kakashi stood up.'Yes.Thank you for your time.'

                                                              *********************************************

Yukina and her son accompanied Hinata and Himawari while shopping today.They would be leaving the day after tomorrow,so Himawari had pleaded until she had given in.She and Itana had avoided going out of the house as much as possible,but today she had agreed to come with Hinata because she wasn't sure that she would have another chance like this again.

Suddenly,a woman with black hair and red eyes came to them.A girl in a jounin vest was with her.She also had black hair and red eyes.It was obvious that the two were mother and daughter.

'Hello,Hinata.It's been a while.'

'Hello,Kurenai-sensei,'Hinata greeted the her former teacher while Mirai bent down to pat Himawari's head.

Kurenai glanced at Yukina,then turned her eyes to Itana.Her eyes sharpened as she looked at the young boy carefully with renewed interest.

It didn't escape Yukina's eyes.She stiffened.

Thankfully,Tsunade arrived at that moment.

'Yukina,I was looking for you.Could you come with me for a moment?'

Yukina left with Tsunade just as Kurenai stopped examining  Itana and asked,'I didn't hear that you had guests,Hinata.'

Hinata smiled.'They are very IMPORTANT guests.'Taking the hint,Kurenai stopped probing farther into the matter,but made a mental note to talk to Kakashi.

Meanwhile,Mirai was talking animatedly to Itana and Himawari.Looking at that,Kurenai felt uncomfortable.But she couldn't tell her daughter not to mix with that boy.At least not here.

She'd just have to tell Mirai that later,when they were home.

                                                                ***********************************

'Huh?'Mirai looked confusedly at her mother.

'It's best if you stay away from that boy.'

'Fine,but why?'

Kurenai sighed.'I can't tell you that.'

Mirai rolled her eyes.'Whatever.'

But she had no intention of staying away from him.In truth,she had developed a crush on the boy in question,and her mother's words only made him more fascinating in her eyes.