Surgery:

"We had a patient there yesterday. Her name was Cheyenne and Lorie insisted on examining her in order to continue our father's work. According to his father's notes, these treatments were very tedious and if they were not carried out exactly, the already painful treatment could end fatally, which was also the case with such an operation. So I helped Lorie get Cheyenne's body into the basement." -Luke

"Well, was that such a good idea?" Asked the colleague who had been a member of the Foundation for a year.
After Dr. Hamm had conducted the conversation with SCP 049, he drummed up all research personnel to announce his decision. In the future, SCP 049 will be allowed to receive animal carcasses on a regular basis in order to perfect its "healing". Not everyone was enthusiastic about it, especially the fact that the SCP is getting its own laboratory.
"What are your doubts?" Asked Dr. Hamm his colleague Tammy Vargas without taking his eyes from the plague doctor, who was now fully concentrated on the operation.
"Well, this animal!" Answered the colleague. "And then the SCP!"
"Would you have preferred a human subject?"
His colleague drew in a sharp breath: "Of course not, but ..!"
Dr. Hamm interrupted the talk: "Our job is to find out what the plague and the cure are all about and as long as we provide him with enough test subjects!"
His colleague admitted"All right!"
Sooner or later a D-Class employee will have to sacrifice himself! Thought the scientist. Actually, I would like to try to use as few D-classes as possible, but for a few attempts I may not have any other choice!

In the meantime, a day has passed since Lorie poisoned Cheyenne and was subsequently "treated" during the procedure. She no longer wore her plaid dress with high heels. But a black coat, black gloves and a white beak mask. Then she locked all the room doors so as not to be disturbed while operating.
Shortly afterwards she threw herself back into her old outfit and pretended nothing had happened. The operation went not well. Because there was no cure, instead just a dead body. Lorie was disappointed, sewed up her patient's body and finally carried the body in the basement.
How beautiful she looked, so lively but also very stiff! If I haven't been able to cure her, at least I'll take care of her body.
Then she lay the corpse in a prepared bed and began to watch it.
Maybe something is still happening after all?
"What did I do wrong?" She asked herself and massaged her sore temples. "I did exactly what my father had done over and over again all along. I've been watched the surgeries several times! "
In the past she witnessed her father operating his patients several times. Then they got up again, a little apathetically and with a larger scar on their bodies, but unfortunately this treatment was urgently needed. Her father felt that these people were "cured".

"Sister!" Began Luke and looked around uncertainly. "You won't like the news, but we're getting visitors, and not exactly the most pleasant kind!"
"Ah, the police!" Lorie simply commented and went up the stairs, but turned around briefly to her twin brother: "Brother, make the tea. We will welcome our guests! "
Of course it's the police, who else is it supposed to have been? The police often paid a visit to the two of them, but not because they're friends because the neighbors, police and authorities find it "strange" when the father simply leaves his children at home. The policemen kept checking that everything was okay and questioning the twins more often to find out something about their family.
Despite the queasy feeling in the stomach area, Lorie opened the front door with a bright smile.
"Good evening. Ms and Mr. Corvus! "Began the older policeman with his strong British accent. "We have a few questions for you, would you mind if we enter!"
It was Ian Duncin. The policeman with his brown, fluffy hair and brown mustache on his face embodied the British policeman. He has visited and interrogated several times, and besides being a waste of time, he was a nice person. Lorie looked back and saw that Ian Duncin was accompanied by a colleague from a much younger man .
"But no, sir!" Replied Lorie and let the policemen into the house.
"Can I get you some tea or coffee, sir?" She asked as she led the police into the dining room.
"No thanks, miss!" The older policeman declined and sat down at the dark oak table.
"Are you sure?" Asked Lorie with an innocent smile and looked a little embarrassed at the floor.
"Well, maybe one cup"
Lorie did not have to be told twice, so she hurried to the teapot and served the policemen tea."What makes us the honor of your visit?" Luke asked politely as Lorie poured the tea into the cups and she served it.Ian Duncin let out a sigh: "A student from your class has disappeared without a trace and we wanted to ask if you saw her anywhere!"
He pulled out a "current" picture of her. There she was smiling and seen with her wire-rimmed glasses. Her blonde hair waved playfully on her face.
Luke's eyes widened and he took his sister's hand and looked at her expectantly: "You know her better than I do, sis. Do you know something?"
"No!" Replied Lorie and swallowed hard, while she put on a worried expression on her face "I haven't seen her in medical school a long time!"
The policeman nodded in confirmation and made a notes. Apparently he actually believe them, that the two are worried about Cheyenne's "disappearance". It wasn't wrong either: Yes, the two of them were concerned because the operation had failed.
What if she was in pain and couldn't tell me during the treatment? What if she died agonized? Then I wouldn't be a bit better than the pestilence?
The thought made her cry and her body stiffened. She just sat rigid and cried.
"I see!" Replied Ian Duncin. "What was your relationship with Cheyenne Kingston?"
Lorie sniffed: "She was a classmate of mine, a friend. Otherwise we haven't seen each other that often lately!"
"Do you know where Miss Kingston might be?" Asked the officer.
"Unfortunately I have no idea, sir!" Lorie lied. "I'm sorry!"
"Understand. Thank you for the tea and forgive me for bothering, miss! "
"Thank you for your visit!" Lorie said to the police with her usual smile. "I hope we were able to help you!"

"Preparations are complete!" Reported his colleague Dr. Vargas. "We can start now!"
Dr. Hamm nodded and turned to the D-Class who had been standing by the whole time and watching what was happening. The scientist really had to dig deep into the logs and files to find the perfect test person and at the same time be able to allay his moral concerns.
"You are going to enter the test room and then follow all the instructions!"
The D-Class employee just nodded and looked at the scientist expectantly. After all, he wanted to know more about what was going to happen.
Dr. Hamm continued: "You don't have to do much!" He went to the door and typed in a code. "Just do what SCP 049 tells you!"
He took a closer look at the D-Class, he's had been here for two weeks and had already some tests. Which can be both physically and mentally harmful. It is not uncommon for many D-Class employees to suffer permanent damage.
When visiting the D-Class cell block, Dr. Hamm felt sad about those people. After all, they were human too, and some of them had families and children at home. But that could change over time. At first, the scientist did not want to use a D-Class. But it could not be prevented. Eventually he needed to find out more about the SCP creature. Otherwise the O5 would cause him problems .
The door opened and the scientist led the D-Class into the test laboratory, where SCP 049 was already waiting. The plague doctor sat at his desk and made notes in a thick leather journal.
"I brought the patient to you as soon as possible!" Said Dr. Hamm just looking at the plague doctor. "Thank you very much, Doctor!" Replied the SCP creature without looking up from his notes.
Well, he seems to be busy! Thought Dr. Hamm just and left the D-Class behind, who watched him pleadingly. Somehow he felt sorry for the guy, but unfortunately the experiment cannot be prevented.
A few minutes passed while SCP 049 was absorbed in his notes and the test subject paid no attention. There was an uncomfortable silence in the room.
Then SCP 049 began to speak to the D-Class: "Have a little more patience. I'll be with you in a moment! "
The test person only nodded briefly and then sat down on the examination table. A little frightened, he looked around. The room was darkened. Just a little bit of light broke the entire darkness.

"Oh, a obedient D-Class?" Asked his colleague while she and Dr. Hamm watched the experiment.
Her colleague shook his head: "There are reasons!"
Dr. Vargas frowned: "What criteria did you use to choose the test person?"
"According to suitable criteria!"

"Just complete my notes: About my cure!" Said SCP 049. He turned slightly to his test subject and finished writing the last sentence, then he closed his book and approached the D-Class.
"Oh yes, I can feel the pestilence in you!" Said the plague doctor and looked more closely at his patient. "You seem to be very strong affected. Luckily you came here! "
The D-Class glanced at the door and frowned. Apparently he wasn't entirely satisfied with the situation: "What's that supposed to mean? I thought the shit was going to end! "

"not an obedient D-Class!" Remarked Dr. Vargas.
Her colleague turned on the intercom and said, "Charles Roney is that right? As I have already told you, I will respond to your request, just be patient! "
What kind of request? Dr. Varga thought.
"Are you going to respond to my request?" Came from the other side. "The freak here is unpacking some strange things. What does that mean, assholes!? "
What kind of things are these? "Asked Dr. Hamm in a calm voice. "Describe more precisely!"
The D-Class sighed: "Pliers, scalpels, a metal hose, syringes and a... saw. What the hell are you going to do with me? "
"Believe me, Mr. Roney. Your request will be accepted! "Said Dr. Hamm him.
"You know!" Came it from the other side. "After I ended up in jail and was subsequently convicted, my wife left me and took the children with her. I lost my apartment and my job. I refused to be sent here. It's all pointless and I don't want to continue to live with it! "
Dr. Vargas swallowed, "Do you mean it is supposed to be some kind of euthanasia?"
Not infrequently it happened that D-Class employees had suicidal thoughts and were deliberately clumsy to end their lives. But you couldn't just let the D-class staff die. If a D-Class is suicidal it must be taken to the medical department urgently for a thorough examination.
"Exactly that!" Came the scientist and did not let the D-Class out of his sight.
Varga's expression darkened: "If a D-Class is suicidal, then he must be excluded from any experiments and taken to the medical station!"
"For what?" Asked Dr. Hamm provocative. "For the fact that he will be released after a few days and will die on the next test. I think everyone should decide for themselves how and when to end their life! "
"Then why this experiment?" Asked his colleague.

The last thing the plague doctor unpacked were small bottles filled with liquids of different colors. One bottle was filled with a thick black substance, the other, on the other hand, was poison green and, in contrast to the other colors, shone out clearly. One was blood red and the other was decorated with moss green.
"I sense the disease in you" he said.
His patient rolled his eyes annoyed. He wanted to end it in the here and now and not have some stupid experiments. He wanted to die quickly and painlessly and not painfully and slowly, as did many of his D-Class colleagues.
"Please make it quick and painless. If you can't do it, I'll just let the guard shoot at me."
"I will not kill you!" Came it from the SCP. "I will cure you!"
"Cure from what?"
"From the pestilence!"
"You're kidding me, aren't you?" The D-Class commented annoyed and let his gaze wander around the room.
The plague doctor did not respond to his comment and so he got his leather journal again and looked at his patient: "Please tell me your name, your age, your height and your body weight!"
His counterpart replied: "Name: Charles Roney, age: 38, height: 1.85 m, weight: 83 kg, anything else?"
"Are there any specific illnesses in your family?"
The face of his patient turned red, not from embarrassment but from anger: "Dude, what's the matter? Are you kidding me?!"
Dr. Vargas could no longer watch this and so she switched on the intercom and spoke to the D-Class with a harsh tone: "Comply, D-85123!"
"What if I refuse?" Asked the test person with a grin.
"Then you will be taken to the medical department!" Vargas threatened and gave him several dark gazes. The D-Class capitulated: "All right, all right. I will cooperate! "He turned to the SCP:" Cancer ... My grandmother and my sister died from it! "
The plague doctor wrote down all the information and when he had completed the notes his healing could begin. He closed the distance between himself and his patient and stepped directly in front of him: "I will start the treatment now!"He took the D-Class by the throat and exerted light pressure on its larynx. Then a few seconds later the other person began to slump and his muscles slackened.
Very slowly and carefully he placed the body of the D-Class on the examination table and began to remove the sleeves and part of his orange shirt. So that the clothing would not interfere with the operation. Then he dissected his patient and inserted a copper tube into his abdomen. Then he injected several chemicals into the lifeless body. In the end he removed the metal hose, put his utensils in a black bag and sewed his victim back up.
Then he went back to his leather journal and began to make notes while still observing the body of the D-Class.
After a few minutes, the test person began to give signs of life and slowly sat up. The motor skills seemed rough and the gait of the D-Class was stiff. He wandered soulless through the area and his expression was rigid and empty: almost like a zombie.
The plague doctor turned around and looked through the pane of glass: "The effect is as follows: . All pestilence was removed from the patient. The person can now lead a better life! "
Dr. Hamm nodded: "All right. If you don't mind, my colleagues and would escort you back to your quarters."
"Go ahead!" Came from the other side. "My patient is already cured!"
The scientist turned to the guards, who then opened the door and stepped in and took SCP 049 back into the cell. But when the guards entered the laboratory, the operated D-Class (SCP 049-2) came up to them.
A guard aimed his rifle at 049-2 : "What does that mean?"
The plague doctor stepped closer: "I forgot to mention that my patients are quite concerned about their helpers and rescuers!" He looked at his patient and touched his shoulder: "It's okay!"
SCP 049-2 stopped suddenly and just watched the situation. When the guards felt more secure, they handcuffed the plague doctor.
Dr. Hamm and his colleague put the iron collar on him, which was attached to two bars. They then left the room, leaving SCP 049-2 in the lab.
"Thank you very much, good doctor!" The SCP thanked him in a friendly manner. "I am satisfied with my results!"