chapter 1

"I've lost my smile
I've forgotten what it's like to be happy
As if darkness has fallen, lay me down... This is a part from my favourite song, you probably don't know it though. You look nice today, by the way :) I hope someday I'll be brave enough to confess to you"

Joochan looked around the hall and smiled to himself. This was the third letter he'd gotten in his locker this week. He had no idea who it could be from, especially because the hallway was filled with people. The lyrics from the letter were also from his favourite song, he smiled and hummed to himself as he walked to the cafeteria.

There he found his group of friends. There were 10 of them in total, a few were dating but nothing serious. The seat next to Joochan's best friend, Donghyun, was occupied by Bomin, so he looked around for another seat. Of course, the only available seat was next to Sungyoon, his long time crush. Even though they were in the same friend group, they didn't hang out very often. Joochan sat down next to Sungyoon, who looked up and smiled at him. Joochan blushed and looked down at the table. Across the table, Jaehyun hollered to him asking about what happened in history class. Joochan rolled his eyes and told Jaehyun about class. Mid sentence, Joochan suddenly became aware that Sungyoon was staring at him. He felt his cheeks start to get hot, but he continued talking to Jaehyun. After lunch, Joochan went to the washroom to splash some water on his face. Why did he have to get so nervous around Sungyoon?

After school, the 10 boys walked home together. Daeyeol and Seungmin left first, since they live close to school. Everyone was trying to make Youngtaek and Jangjun shut up, since they were arguing about something useless. Normally the last ones to leave were Joochan, Donghyun, Bomin, Jaehyun, Jibeom and Sungyoon, but Donghyun and Bomin left to go back to Bomin's house and Jaehyun and Jibeom were a couple, so they left early as well. It was an awkward silence between Sungyoon and Joochan. They didn't say much, but then Joochan tripped on the sidewalk and Sungyoon caught him. Joochan looked up to say thanks, but realized Sungyoon's face was close to his. They froze in that position for a few seconds before they realized what was going on, and awkwardly moved away from each other. Joochan muttered a thanks and they kept walking. Joochan looked over to see Sungyoon with a small smile on his face.

They reached a house at the end of the street and Sungyoon stopped and looked at Joochan. "This is my house. I'll see you tomorrow Joochannie!" He walked inside and closed the door, pressing his back up against it and sliding down to the floor. All he could think about was how close Joochan was to him earlier today after he caught him from falling. The way his eyes looked up at him, his lips slightly parted, his hair messy, everything about Joochan was on Sungyoon's mind.

(a/n: hi guys! this is one of the first oneshots/fanfics i've written, i'm sorry it's bad but i had a lot of fun writing it! i got really invested in the story so i'll be updating soon since i'm done)