chapter 5

Joochan wakes up and opens his eyes. He remembers the movie last night and being really tired, so he assumed he fell asleep. That's when he turns his head to the side and sees Sungyoon's face an inch away from his own. He reaches his hand up to untangle a knot in Sungyoon's hair. No reaction. Joochan knows he's safe now that he's sure Sungyoon is asleep. He runs his finger along Sungyoon's face, tracing each one of his features. He sighs. "If only you knew how much I love you." He resists the urge to kiss Sungyoon, instead getting up and going into the kitchen.

As soon as he's sure Joochan has left the room, Sungyoon's eyes shoot open. He knew Joochan thought he was asleep, and he was, but that particularly harsh knot the younger pulled out of his hair woke him up. His heart skipped a beat when he heard Joochan say those words. He thought Joochan would be able to tell he was awake from his racing heartbeat, but was lucky that he left the room. Sungyoon got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen, where he saw Joochan putting on coffee. He crept over and surprised Joochan with a back hug, to which he tensed up, but then relaxed remembering it was Sungyoon.

"Morning Joochannie," Sungyoon said next to Joochan's ear. A shiver ran down Joochan's spine, when he heard Sungyoon's morning voice. "Sorry I fell asleep on you," Joochan said, turning around, looking into Sungyoon's eyes. Sungyoon reached up and brushed a hair off of Joochan's face. "Don't be sorry Joochannie," Sungyoon said, reaching his arms around Joochan to press buttons on the coffee maker. Realizing Joochan was between his arms, he went to pull them back when Joochan leaned back into Sungyoon. He wrapped his arms around Joochan's waist and put his head on his shoulder. They stay there for a few minutes like that until the coffee maker goes off. We break away as if nothing happened and I get out mugs for the two of us. We pour the coffee and sit down at the counter.

Sungyoon looks up. Joochan is drinking his coffee and almost chokes when sees me watching him. "What?!" He exclaims, wiping his mouth on his sweater. "Whoops, sorry Yoonie, I forgot this was your sweater." Sungyoon blushes at the nickname and just laughs at him. After a little while, Sungyoon walks Joochan over to the door. "Thanks for having me over Yoonie!" Joochan says excitedly. "I'll bring your clothes back to you as soon as I can!" He leaves and walks back to his house, smiling the entire way. He called Donghyun as he was walking to tell him about everything that had happened. "You're just lucky he didn't hear your ass say you love him," Donghyun mocks Joochan. "Donghyun!" Joochan whines. "Now you've got me worried!"

The rest of the weekend goes by, and finally Monday morning comes. As he walks, Joochan wonders if he'll have another letter today. This poor person doesn't know I love Sungyoon, Joochan thinks, laughing to himself. He opens his locker and drops his bag, heading to science. Midway through, he remembers that this was one of the times a letter has appeared. He asks the teacher to use the washroom and walks out, going to his locker. He turns the corner just to see Sungyoon about to drop an envelope through the slot.

Sungyoon looks up to see Joochan, mouth hanging open staring at him. He freezes. Everything in Sungyoon's mind is foggy and all he can think is run. He turns around and sprints, nearly bumping into corners as he runs to escape Joochan. He bursts through the doors outside and bends over, catching his breath. Then, he hears the doors open behind him and an exhausted-looking Joochan emerges from them.

"It.. I-uh.. It's not um.." Sungyoon stutters, scratching the back of his head. Joochan starts to walk towards him, and Sungyoon starts to back up. He realizes that his stupid mistake could ruin their friendship. Wait, he thinks. What about what Joochan said to me when he thought I was sleeping? Sungyoon doesn't know what to do. He throws the letter at Joochan and runs away, not caring that he'll miss his afternoon classes.

Joochan stands, staring at Sungyoon as he runs off. It was you. He realizes. All this time, it's been you. Joochan remembers the letter he's holding and opens it.

(a/n: AHHH YALL IM GETTING WAY TOO ATTACHED TO THIS STORY *cries in single* this is too much for me i want a relationship)