chapter 4

When Sungyoon got to school, he went quickly to drop the next letter in Joochan's locker. As soon as he dropped it in, Joochan came around the corner. He looked puzzled. "Sungyoon? What are you doing with my locker?" Sungyoon had to think fast. "Oh, I was just waiting for you before we go to class!" Joochan's face relaxed and fell at the same time. "Oh okay!" He dropped his bag and they went to class together, both aware that Joochan saw the letter in his locker.

Before lunch, Joochan opened up the letter. As he read it, he wondered if it really could be Sungyoon. Sungyoon had been pretty suspicious these days, especially while standing at my locker this morning, he thought to himself. Whatever, I shouldn't get my hopes up. Joochan got to the table before Sungyoon, and was talking with Jibeom before Sungyoon came over and booped his nose. Joochan blushed and looked away from Sungyoon. "What was that for?" He asked, smiling. Sungyoon just laughed and sat down, ignoring the question.

After school, Joochan and Sungyoon left the group to go to a convenience store downtown to grab some snacks before heading back to Sungyoon's house for the movie. At the store, Joochan is looking at the drinks when suddenly Sungyoon comes running around the corner and jumps on Joochan. They fall to the ground, laughing. Then Sungyoon looks down at Joochan and they stop laughing. They stay quiet, both admiring each other. Sungyoon lightly traced Joochan's features, while Joochan stayed silent, wondering what was going on. Then, the manager started yelling at them. "Get your homo asses out of my store!!" She screamed, grabbing a broom and running after them. They scrambled to their feet, dropped the snacks and ran out of the convenience store. Outside, they breathe heavily and look at each other. Great, Sungyoon though. It's raining. Joochan looked at him and smirked. "RACE YOU!" He yelled, taking off towards Sungyoon's house. Sungyoon sprints after him, knowing he's the faster of the two.

They get to Sungyoon's house, panting and soaked from the rain. Sungyoon unlocks the door and they go inside. "Wait here," Sungyoon says, "I'll go get some dry clothes for you to change into." He goes upstairs, leaving Joochan to stand around in the front hall. He knew Sungyoon lived alone, but he didn't expect the nice decor. Sungyoon comes back downstairs with a bundle for Joochan. "Here you go! I'll set up the movie and wait for you." He says, smiling at Joochan. Joochan walks upstairs and into Sungyoon's room to change.

The clothes Sungyoon gave to Joochan was just a hoodie and sweatpants, he quickly changed and came downstairs to where Sungyoon was waiting for him. There were blankets on the couch and snacks on the table, and Sungyoon stood holding water bottles. "What do you wanna watch?" Joochan thought for a moment. "It doesn't matter, you can choose!" Joochan says, with a sweet smile. Sungyoon grabs the remote and pats the seat next to him on the couch. Joochan sits down and they scroll through Netflix. "What about this?" Sungyoon gestures to the highlighted movie. Joochan looks and sees it's a horror movie. He doesn't want to seem scared, but he also knows if they chose a scary movie, he would be attached to Sungyoon the whole time, and he didn't want Sungyoon to find out he liked him.

"I'm kinda scared to watch that," Joochan says, with an embarrassed smile. Sungyoon scrolls a few over, stops and looks at Joochan. "How about this?" It's a rom-com. Joochan looks at Sungyoon in disbelief. "Are you serious?!" Sungyoon shrugs with a smile. "Why not?" Joochan, still surprised at Sungyoon's choice, agrees and they start the movie. About halfway through, Joochan scoots closer to Sungyoon. He turns his head and stares at Sungyoon, his eyes tracing his features. Sungyoon doesn't notice, he's too focused on the movie. Sungyoon is so perfect, Joochan thinks to himself.

As Sungyoon watches the movie, he feels a pair of arms weave around his waist. He looks over to see a half conscious Joochan putting his head on Sungyoon's shoulder. Sungyoon smiles, watching the younger sleep. He carefully leans over to turn off the movie, then puts his arm around Joochan. This moment means everything, Sungyoon thinks, playing with Joochan's hair. He smiles and falls asleep.

(a/n YALL THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD i'm posting the next part in a few mins)