|4|

The Cricket Team was dancing their hearts out on punjabi songs and they had a lot of drinks but were not drunk as they had a high tolerance level except Rishabh who was completely drunk and Jassi who did not drink at all

"Jassi tujhe kaisi girlfriend chahiye?", Hardik almost screamed startling Jassi who was surfing through his phone.

"What will you do with how I want my girlfriend to be?", Jassi asked agitated, as Hardik was the 5th person to ask him this in the past ten minutes, while keeping his phone aside.

"Well I think you want a girlfriend!", Hardik said nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders as Jassi looked at him as if he had grown horns.

"And what made you think that? And why me? Ask Kul or Shrey! They are also single!", Jassi argued.

"They are single but are not as irritated and grumpy as you are since yesterday! You are not even enjoying the party!", Hardik blabbered as Jassi face palmed himself mentally cursing his behavior.

"See?", Hardik said in victory as Jassi did not answer and when he was about to tell Rishabh came there. "Jassi bhai!", he cheerfully exclaimed as Jassi face palmed himself and moved from there to escape the two crackheads he was stuck with.

"Yeh toh aise bhaag gaye like he just saw a monster!", Rishabh said slurring while taking his place where Jassi was sitting a while ago. "He thought you are a monster Rishabh! That is why he ran as soon as you came!!", Hardik said playfully but a drunk Rishabh took it seriously.

"Haaw!!! Main abhi jaake unse kati karke aata hoon!", Rishabh said like he was a five year old refused from having chocolate. He was going to go to Jassi when a phone kept aside rang.

"Ek minute!! Mujhe kisi ka call aa raha hai! ", Rishabh said and answered the phone.

"Hello Mummy!!", he said as soon as he picked it up.

"Mumma!! Main bol raha hoon Rishu!! Aapko pata hai mere dost hai na Jassi!! Arre Jasprit Bumrah!! Haa wohi bowler usne mujhe monster kaha!! Woh na bohot kharaab hai!! Nahi aap meri Mummy hi ho!! Kya aap meri mummy nahi ho!? Oh!! Aap woh loan wali aunty ho na!! Aapko logo ko kuch samajh nahi aata!! Kabhi bhi kisi ki bhi call karte ho!! Ab mujhe loan chahiye toh main call karunga na! Faaltu main time waste karte ho aap log!! Huh Nonsense!" Rishabh said imitating Jethalal while saying, 'Nonsense' and with a proud smile said, "Aaj finally maine uss loan wali aunty ko suna diya!!"

He turned around to see that Hardik had already left while he was on the call and huffed as he said, "Koi pyaar hi nahi karta iss nanhe pyaare bacche se!!"

He got up and moved to go as Jassi approached him. "Rishabh mera phone?", he asked hastily

"Mere paas nahi hai!!", Rishabh said nonchalantly and walked away when Jassi stopped him.

"Tumhaare haath mein mera phone hai!!",he said as Rishabh looked at the phone and realisation dawned on him.

"Ohh!! Yeh tumhara phone hai!! Main nahi doonga!", he said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Kyu?", Jassi asked exasperated as Rishabh looked onto him with an accusing glare and said, "Kyunki you called me a monster!! You ran away as soon as I came!"

Jassi mentally face palmed himself and said, "Arre!! Tu mera sabse pyaara bhai hai!! I never called you a monster!! I ran away as Virat bhai called me!"
Jassi said in a sweet tone wanting his phone.

"Thik hai!! Maska mat lagao!! Yeh lo aapka phone!Aur haa koi loan wali aunty ka call aaya tha!Maine unpe chila diya! Next time call kare toh mujhe bolna main waapis chila dunga. ", Rishabh said handing over his phone and walked away.

Jassi immediately unlocked his phone and checked whose call it was. He read the name as his eyes widened and he immediately dialled it back.

"Hello!", he said tentatively in the fear of a volcano bursting on him. He squinted his eyes and he distanced himself from the phone as his prediction turned right.

"Arre!! Sorry yaar!! I forgot the phone!! Haa Rishabh told me!! Haa I will change it!! Usko zyaada nahi maara na? Arre tumhaari bhi fikar hai but tum logo ko maarti ho bohot!! Haa I know hold pe rakh!", Jassi said and kept his phone down.

"The countdown begins!", Virat shouted.

"5....4.....3.....2.....1!! Happy New Year!!!", everyone shouted out loud and then Jassi brought the phone to his mouth and softly said, "Happy New Year!" and smiled fondly and then cut the call.

He then deleted the call history, altered the contact names of two contacts, and put his phone in his pocket, intending to enjoy himself so that his brothers wouldn't think twice about bringing him a girlfriend, but he had no idea that his brothers were already planning on doing so.

✦✧✦✧

"Hogayi baat jiju se?", Kaira asked rather teased Sanjana.

"Nah!!", Sanjana said nonchalantly as Kaira rolled her eyes as she said, "Chal joothi!! Have you seen the blush on your face?", She teased her further more.

"No and I don't want to!! And watch how much you tease me!! I will get a payback later!!", Sanjana said wanting to just change the topic.

"Tab ki tab dekh lenge!! Abhi toh I'll have fun by teasing you!!"

"Ok fine!! I give up!! Waise Happy New Year!", Sanjana screamed the last part and hugged Kaira tight.

"Happy New Year to you too di!!!"

After a few seconds they pulled apart as Sanjana hit Kaira on her head.

"Sab karna hai but di ko wish nahi karna!!"  Sanjana said as Kaira pouted "Abhi toh I'll have fun by teasing you!!", she imitated Kaira as she scrunched her nose and said, "Di!! Please! Never imitate me again!! Bohot bakwaas karte ho!" and she was rewarded with another smack on her head.

They continued enjoying dancing to Bollywood peppy numbers and drinking strictly non - alcoholic drinks much to Sanjana's dislike as who doesn't want to drink on New Year mahn!

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿