|12|

The celebration was in full flow

The celebration was in full flow. People were dancing, eating, and socialising, while the ICT, Ritika, Kaira, Anushka, and Sanjana conversed between themselves, and the boys stopped glaring at Sanjana.

"Waise Sanjana! Who is your husband?" Ritika asked while they were talking and this perked up the interest of the boys. "Haa! You never talked of him! What does he do?" Anushka added as Sanjana was playing with Samaira. "And where is he?" Hardik added thinking 'Pata toh chale kis ke liye Jassi ko chhoda!'

"Arre! He is in London for some work of his!!" Sanjana answered and her phone rang. "Ek second! Haa bol Vaibhav! Arre nahi yaar! Main abhi bhi gussa hoon! Kuch kaam hai yaa main call cut karoon? Drawers mein achhe se dekh wahin hoga! Haa bye!" Sanjana said on the call and the team heard it all.

"Kaun tha?" Virat asked. Sanjana didn't know why they were so interested but nonetheless answered "It was Vaibhav, my hu-" She was cut off by Kaira "Mere jiju!!" "Ohh!" The team chorused. "Haa! Abhi inn dono ka jhagda chal raha hai! Achha hai Vaibhav London mein hai! Warna yeh usse kaccha chaba jaati!" Jassi said and some of them chuckled and Sanjana glared at him. "Tumhe kaccha chaba jaati hoon! Waise bhi bohot bol raha hai!" Sanjana countered.

"Jhagda chal raha hai! Abhi bhi chance hai bhai!" Hardik muttered softly not wanting anyone to hear it but to his dismay Jassi did and he glared at him clearly not wanting to break Sanjana's marriage as her husband was actually a good guy. "Shut up! Uski shaadi nahi todni! Normal husband wife ka jhagda hota hai waisa jhagda hai! Divorce lene jitna bada nahi! And her husband is a good guy! In fact the best guy!" Jassi said to Hardik in a hushed voice so no one would hear and Hardik rolled his eyes.

The rest of the party went smoothly, with the team chatting and discussing plans whenever they had free time, and Sanjana playing with both Samaira and Virushka's child. Anushka had, after all, invited her to their child's naming ceremony. The party was over after an hour or two, and everyone had left except Kaira, Jassi, and Sanjana, who went to their rooms to change into something more comfortable.

✦✧✦✧

Jassi and Sanjana were sitting in the living room, while Kaira slept in the guest room, exhausted after the party, and Sanjana was eating ice cream and watching a show with Jassi.

"You remember how we met?" Jassi asked Sanjana as she diverted her attention to Jassi on hearing the question. "Of course! You were such a timid guy that I would have put a 'Fragile' sticker on you if I could!" Sanjana teased Jassi.

"I wasn't timid!" "Yeah right! You were a complaint box!" Sanjana argued "Always complaining to your mother!"

Flashback
Sanjana was striding through the school corridors with her gang of pals, but her countenance, which usually had a cheeky gleam, was plastered with an angry expression at the moment.

"Who was the guy?" Sanjana asked her group. "Chhod na! Usse panga mat le!" Sanjana's friend Vikram said "Usse meri friend se panga nahi lena chahiye tha! Just tell me who the guy was?" "The principal's son!" Riya the shy one spoke.

"Oh! He won't know what hit him! He messed with Pakhi! He messed with my friend!" Sanjana said looking for Jassi. She finally found him sitting on a bench in the school park engrossed in a book.

"Oye Bumrah!" Sanjana called him out not knowing his name as Jassi looked around him to make sure he was the one being called. "Haa tu!" Sanjana said and Jassi went towards her. "Yeah! Why did you call me?" Jassi asked being the polite guy he was.

"How dare you?" Sanjana asked as she burned holes in his body "Huh!?" Jassi stood confused not knowing what the girl in front of him was referring to. "Don't act innocent! Due to you my friend Pakhi is punished! She just pranked you with a fake snake and you complained about it to your mother!" Sanjana bellowed as students stopped around them to see what the commotion was about.

"Look! She was at fault al-" Jassi tried to argue but was cut off. "You can't even handle a small prank! What will you do when you grow up? Complain to your mommy? Complaint box!" Sanjana mocked.

"I am not!" Jassi retorted as however polite or shy he was he had ego too which was hurt. "You are!" "Try me!" "Are you sure?" Sanjana asked with the mischievous glint back on her face.

Any sane person would deny it and Jassi was going to do the same was what his mind had concluded. "100% sure!" Jassi spoke before his mind could contemplate.

"Ahaa! Now this is some fun! Be careful! You will be my target for most of the pranks for the next four years till you pass out!" Sanjana said and Jassi, whose ego was hurt just rolled his eyes but mentally braced himself for all the possibilities as Sanjana was the biggest prankster in the school and messing with her was a big risk.

After that, Sanjana played a lot of pranks on Jassi alone, and he didn't tell his mother as promised, and they became enemies who were known throughout their entire batch for their foolish fights and extraordinary pranks of Sanjana, and the teachers and staff members were relieved when they passed, though they won't admit it, they missed their pranks, and none of this was ever told to the principal Daljit Bumrah at the insistence of her own son Jasprit Bumrah.

Flashback Over

After talking of their school life for a while they both continued watching the series and soon fell asleep on the sofa.

✦✧✦✧

Sanjana and Jassi's sleep was broken by Kaira who had clicked their picture with Sanjana's face messy due to the ice cream she was having. "Haww! Vaibhav jiju kya sochenge?" Kaira teased Sanjana as she rolled her eyes and said "Pehla stop calling him jiju! Dusra he knows we are friends and teesra I am going to have a shower and freshen up as I have to meet some clients later!" Sanjana left without waiting for a reply and soon Jassi too got ready and they left for their respective places after breakfast.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿