Chap. 1

There was a slight breeze that day. He felt the wind comb through his hair and lick his skin, causing him to give the slightest shiver. He was standing on a ledge, fifty feet up in the air and looking down at the ground below him. The ledge of the building overlooked an empty alleyway, illuminated only by the moon, stars, and a few streetlamps outside of the alley. He shrugged off his backpack and set it so it rested on the ledge.

You'll never be anything.

1

You're worthless.

2

Quirkless freak.

3.

You mean nothing to this world.

4

Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life and take a swan dive off the roof of the building.

5

"You've finally got your wish, Kacchan," Izuku choked out.

A lump in his throat formed as he closed his eyes and stepped off the ledge. The fall wasn't too bad, quite calming, really. Even if the shivers running up his spine said otherwise. It was the moment his body hit the ground that he realised there was no way he was going to live.

---

Slowly, Izuku blinked open his eyes and waited for them to focus. Once they focused, he took in his surroundings. The sky was exactly the same; dark with a few stars here and there and a bright moon. He turned his head to the right and saw that he was still in the alley. His clothes clung to him, wet from what seemed like water. He reached his hand to touch his soaking shirt, only to be horrified when he pulled his hand back and saw blood. He turned his head to the left and saw a man, his face hidden in the shadows of the alley.

"Wh- who are y-you?" Izuku asked as he quickly stood up to back away from the man.

"You will know in time, young boy," the man said. Izuku's eyebrows furrowed and brought a hand up to his head.

"Am... am I dead?" Izuku asked. The man simply shook his head.

"You were," he said. Izuku was about to speak up but the man put up a finger. "I suppose it was your quirk that saved you."

Izuku sighed and he felt a headache coming on. "I don't- I don't-" the words, have a quirk, refused to leave his mouth.

"You do. It seems as if you can't stay dead," the man said, seeming to almost read his mind. "Rebirth would be the proper term for it."

Izuku stumbled back into the wall as the headache increased. None of this was making sense. He was quirkless, just as the doctor had told him. And even if he did have a quirk, wouldn't it be a combination of his parent's quirks? It was extremely rare that a child wouldn't have a mix of their parent's quirks. But still, even as rare as it was, it happened sometimes.

But why to him? Why was he so special? What did he do to deserve a quirk as powerful as this? He was just some worthless freak. And what were the drawbacks? Was he never going to die die? Was there something that could kill him? The man's words panged Izuku's heart. There was so much to take in.

"This is- this is c-crazy," Izuku said as he fell to the floor, his back sliding against the wall.

"Yes, I know, it's a lot but with my help, you could be someone great. Someone extraordinary!" The man boomed. Izuku flinched from the sudden loudness.