Edging KNOWLEDGE

To what extent would you agree with the following statement, and in what ways is it demonstrated in our lives?

"People generally prefer comfort to knowledge."

Only way I can really picture this statement is when someone is having a problem, crisis, or genuinely not a good time, and maybe they just need a hug or helping words or a shoulder to cry on. Mostly when you're vulnerable, you're also in an emotional state of mind, and reason and logic is obscure at that moment. Comfort and assurance is a huge factor. Some people can't handle straight facts or information in a moment, and can't process it. They just need condolences, and in that moment. I do agree with some classmates that you do have to know how to comfort someone. You don't want to stand there, and ask with a chihuahua grin, "you want water?" when someone just found out their mother died. It's kind of an instinct for most people thought, and usually, it's in phrases we use casually. Phrases that are three words, but hit the crevices of a spirit. I think comfort is a huge factor to compatibility, understanding, and willingness to process. It's the human sappiness, but it's a part of us.

Simon Weil

The Need For Roots

Freedom Of Opinion

What is the difference between the exploration of ideas in general and the assertion of proper opinion?

Exploration of ideas is stepping into a field of unknown, and testing the waters...It's taking many assumptions, stories, sights, views, whispers, discovering, and molding your own perception or claim about that idea. It's an innocent creep in the unknown, and a gathering of self discovery as your own individual.

Should artists be expected to take responsibility for their artistic assertions?

Some may argue, Artists kind of have an obligation to use their spirits, platform, and any form of communication to be viewed. Whether it's pulled from many other surres, and their work isn't an original idea...it may be pulled from another artist or a general topic that's been brought aware or needs to be aware of, and they just bring another proof or source. I believe if it's a shared idea..the artist should not have to take responsibility for something that was already known or in tha air. Now, if it's original or a bold claim, and artists are just testing the waters, there shouldn't be a "why'd you do it?!?" forced down their throats, it's a creative expression, and there can be an onion of layers to one single action someone does. But, controversial sides will be acknowledged, and questioned? And if you feel it's your right or it's an obligation or even a small commentary there's a motive, and there's going to be questions about it, Be prepared for it. I'm not saying watch your every move, but be sure you're strong in your motive, opinion, project, outlet.

How could governing occur in the absence of political parties to govern debate? Could it? Rome. Listen to history. Read the history. definitely look at the system that held a dynasty of eras, and empires over time, listen to rome.

Should organizations have "opinion", and free speech? Or is it for the individuals?

Well, my brain automatically says, "free speech is a right to everyone.", and organizations are built up of individuals, who often share the same goal,and same opinions...So if that's true there should be a collective idea, and view of the overall crowd. (sorrrrryyy, i really had a hitte there, but I lost my train of thoughts)Untitled Part 15