11

Tuesday: 4 days after Jisung's extra shift where Sooji contacted him

where Sooji contacted him.

"Hey sweetie, could you come here and bring Mr. Kittens please." Jisung softly says knocking on Yeonsuk's door. The young boy opened his door, the plush in one arm, and his other hand reaching for his fathers. Jisung took his small hand and led him to the couch in the living room.

"Is this important appa?" Yeonsuk asks looking up at his clearly anxious father.

"Look Sukie, I'm going to tell you a story and I need you to pay good attention, okay? It may seem weird or hard to hear, but don't worry I can explain it more if you'd like. It's also okay if you feel emotional, I'm here for you Yeon." Jisung rambles, sitting the younger down in front of him.

"Okay appa, I get it." Yeonsuk nods leaning into the couch getting comfortable.

With a deep breath Jisung tried remembering the speech he started to memorize. Though, his mind went blank and he just had to make it up as he went; he was scared and nervous nonetheless.

"Listen carefully Yeon... you are 5 almost 6 right? Well, you umm have a mom obviously- I couldn't have given birth to you- but that's not the point. I really love you Yeon, I always have. You just came at a difficult time in my life, I was only 16, your mom was just barely 17 when she gave birth to you. I spent my high school years taking care of you, working or studying, I'm not mad about it, but it was very hard sometimes. Yeon, you're truly a blessing to me, don't forget that." Jisung stressed the last part, he was scared to break his sons confidence with his next few words.

"Now, you might be wondering, if I have a mom why isn't she here? It's complicated baby, after you were born she umm- I'm sorry- she left you, left us. I-I am so sorry Sukie... I love you so so so much. I didn't want that to be your fate, a broken family, so I've tried my hardest to make you happy. I hope you see my effort, I only want the best for you Yeon. Your uncles, your grandma and grandpa, even Minho all want you to be happy. That's why we're all here for you, please don't think you're not good enough. We are all here to support you baby." Jisung continues, his nerves getting the best of him. He was extremely scared of his sons internal feelings, he was scared Yeonsuk wouldn't feel worth much because of his absent mother. He wanted the young boy to know he'll always have support even without a mother present.

"Your mom, her name is Sooji, Gwan Sooji, she's 22 years old now. Before leaving the hospital she left Mr. Kittens, bought him in the gift shop at the hospital. Sooji is not the best person, but she's not the absolute worst either. We weren't the best couple Sukie, this was before we found out about you, nothing was really working out for us. Though, your mom could also be good person, very adventurous, she's cool in that manner. Yeonsuk, I'm sorry if this seems so sudden and I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. It's just that your mom reached out saying she wants to see you, I said yes, I felt that it was time. I hope you don't hate me Yeon..." Jisung sniffles, a few tears running down his face. He held onto his sons small hands, his head low with tears dripping down onto the couch.