12

Minho was still in a trance thinking of a way to respond to the young boy's question

Minho was still in a trance thinking of a way to respond to the young boy's question. He knew if he kept Yeonsuk waiting he'd start to make horrible scenarios of why people don't like him. He took his phone and quickly texted Jisung, ❝ Hey dude, I think your son just called me dad... what do I say now? ❞

Yet with no response from the other and with the time ticking he concluded, "Yes Yeon, I'll be your dad."

"Thank you Minho!" He cheerfully says jumping into his arms. The pair stayed like that until Jisung approached the cat room.

"Woah what happened here?" He chuckles in both awe and anticipation after reading the text Minho had sent him.

"Don't get mad but—"Minho starts to say.

"HE SAID HE'LL BE MY DAD!!" Yeonsuk squeals jumping up and down while clapping his hands.

"T-that's great sweetie, would you mind if Minho and I have a talk?"

"Go ahead appa, I can stay here and play with the cats." Yeonsuk smiles. With that, Jisung swiftly took Minho out of the room and far enough so Yeonsuk couldn't hear.

"You said yes?!"

"Time was ticking, I didn't want him feel like he was worth nothing ya'know. After his horrible day with his mother all I wanted to do was make him smile. I'm sorry okay, I could explain to him what it was meant to signify and that I'm not his actual dad and so on. I can go do it now if you'd like me to." Minho sincerely says.

"What about the whole, I don't wanna give him false hope and this and that? Minho, what the hell do you want?!" Jisung stiffly says crossing his arms, looking adorable to Minho, but it was clearly supposed to be the opposite of that.

"I want you to kiss me." Minho smirks.

"W-what?" Jisung stutters he was really taken aback by the oldest kinda out of line statement.

"I'm not going to repeat myself."

"Minho, like you said do you think this is appropriate? You know how much I like you, but this is about your previous spiel about wanting to stay in platonic fields only. It's hardly been a week since you rejected me, do you really want to commit to this? Did you even think about the consequences of telling Yeon you'll be his dad? I really don't understand you Lee Minho!" Jisung raises his voice in desperation. He was tired of everyone's bullshit, he wanted to find someone who'd accept him and his son and everything in between. The young father wanted to settle, he wants to either live a single life or find the one sooner than later. All Jisung wants is to be happy.

"A week without genuinely talking to you did it all for me Jisung. A week of pondering, another week of bonding with Yeonsuk. A week of falling even deeper for your charms, a week of wishing I get lucky enough to have a son like Yeonsuk. I've done enough thinking Jisung." Minho softly smiles.