Part 11

To Marry a Vigilante: Part 11

----------

The Akuma turned toward the three superheroes and scowled. A phantom butterfly appeared over her face.

"So you've come to ruin my great day!?" She screamed. Her hand turned into bubbling energy and extended unnaturally, sailing at the heroes who had to scatter to avoid it. It smashed into the wall, burning it slightly.

"This is Vicki Vale, reporting live from Wayne Manor, where the Charity Gala was interrupted by the attack of a supervillain. We can now see not one, but three new superheroes appearing on-site to stop them. The feline theme seems to be prevalent in this group, but it is the hero in red that took charge of the situation. Aaaah!" The large other arm sailed toward the reporter and her cameraman, enveloping them and burning them. Some of the bubbly mass remained there, slowly reforming into... something.

"This Akuma is overpowered! Shapeshifting, reach, super-healing, and minions?" Ladybug whined.

"Focus. We need the object." Black Cat cut her off.

"She had nothing on her. Only the... Of course, that stupid alley-cat would do this." She moaned. "It's her dress. That bastard made her dress into the akumatized object."

"Then we cut it to pieces." Pink Tigress scowled. Her chakram sailed through the air at the Akuma, but it was easily avoided.

"You're all just fake..." She didn't get to finish before the sharp projectile bounced and returned at her, smashing into her back. Black Cat and Ladybug used the distraction.

"Lucky Charm!/Cataclysm!"

The destructive energy formed in his paw just as Ladybug got a fire extinguisher.

"Won't be needed, beloved." Black cat spoke too soon because purple energy surrounded the Akuma and the heat became harder to withstand. The wooden planks caught on fire.

"Is it just me or is she getting hotter with time?"

"Cat! Don't flirt with the villain." Tigress snapped, but the way she was smiling told the young couple she was just joking.

"Tt. Let's just get moving." He scoffed. Just then, the shapeless mass that was the reporter and the cameraman finally became active. The two blobs looked exactly like they used to before, except for violet eyes. They charged forward, forcing the heroes to scatter. As soon as they crashed with the wall, it started to slowly heat until it burned too.

Ladybug started looking around. She needed to get access to the Akuma, but when they were distracted, it created more minions that now stood between her and them. The clock pointed at almost half an hour to midnight.

The plan formed in Ladybug's head.

"Cat! I need your tail. Tigress! The strength would be nice." She ran to grab the items needed. A tail was wrapped around the fire-extinguisher and the hand of the clock was put inside the pin and tied to the sash.

"Power Up! Strength!" Pink Tigress shone with pink light. Getting at what her daughter planned, she grabbed Black Cat who rolled in a ball.

"Tt. For the record, I hate these types of plans."

"Less complaining, more... Now!" Ladybug shouted suddenly before making the fire extinguisher roll like a bowling ball right under the group of minions and toward the Akuma. The heat was visibly weakening the metal around it. When it was close to the enemy, she pulled back the sash with one swift move and plucked the safety pin. Then, she quickly tossed her yo-yo.