Part 14

To Marry a Vigilante: Part 14

---------

"Tt. I will cut that stupid harlot into pieces." Damian scowled. He, Allegra, Claude, Jon, Felix, Marinette, and Chloé sat at one of the prime tables in the cafeteria. His wife just finished telling them what happened after the initiation meeting.

"Maybe we don't immediately jump to murder?" Claude suggested.

"I agree. We don't have a place to hide a body yet." Chloé supplied.

"That's not what... nevermind." Allegra sighed.

"Dami! I appreciate the thought, but maybe keep it as plan Z?"

"Plan Z is where I need more than one body bag." He grumbled but nodded. "But we can postpone it."

"Okay. Let's act rationally and focus on prevention. Teachers will be useless." Felix chose to act as the voice of reason.

"I really hoped it would be different than Paris..." Marinette moaned.

"It is. If they actually catch her, she will be expelled. But you're not exactly the headmaster's favorite person while Erica seems to be held high by him. We would need a solid proof and she is cunning." Claude explained.

"Remember Lucy Hunt?" Allegra asked. "She did something to attract Erica's wrath and she had to move to Metropolis after she had a mental breakdown. Nothing was ever proven and to the naked eye it would look like a series of coincidences."

"So she is smarter than Lila?" The shorter Parisian asked, worried about what was to come.

"Nah. She just knows how to talk with the right people." Claude dismissed.

"First order of business would be to ensure she has nothing real to hurt you with." Felix started.

Damian and Marinette shared a worried gaze before the boy spoke. "The site is foolproof. Drake made sure to use some of the best technology we have to protect it. Not even a super AI can hack it." He subtly nodded his head to where Max and Markov ate. Kim and Alix were with them. The skater girl looked really upset. "Same with social media. Short of an alien invasion or if someone physically broke into where we hid the servers, you're safe on that front."

It clearly took a lot of weight from her shoulders.

"Okay, now onto blackmail?"

"Tt. That's not something to discuss where we can be overheard." Damian quickly shut that topic down.

"Right. Sorry." Jon rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't worry, Kent. I'm covering that front." Chloé smirked.

"That's great..." Claude started, but then pointed toward another table, with quite a lot of people. "Is that Erica... and you said that Sausage Hair was Layla Bossi?"

"Lila Rossi," Chloé corrected him. "But I like Lie-la Bossi better now."

"They seem... friendly.." Jon commented when the two girls hugged.

"I would actually expect them to be rivals, given that both want Damian," Allegra noted.

"Are they... crying?" Marinette asked.

"Crocodile tears." Felix glared at them. "They are up to something. I don't..." He never got to finish, because a purple butterfly descended from the ceiling and landed on Erica's ring. The corrupted energy surrounded her momentarily and when it died out, her whole appearance was changed.