CHAPTER FIVE

The rest of the trip was pretty normal

The rest of the trip was pretty normal. Noelle and Carly pretended that nothing had happened and Aidan was too drunk to even remember Noelle went missing. From what Breanne said, Aidan and Noelle had a tiff so she got up and left, nobody knows where she went though. And Carly told Breanne that she "accidentally" locked the room door and kept the key inside so Breanne just bunked with another girl. She didn't ask about Noelle or about her clothes that were clearly on the floor when she came in the next morning. Or how Noelle was wearing Carly's clothes that next morning when they all came down for breakfast. 

Carly could still remember Noelle's warmth and radiation from that night. How they all of a sudden felt like the only people in the world who existed. Maybe that's why they were soulmates. Because of the way they felt together. Maybe Carly was the only one who could save Noelle. But that was stupid, there were so many people at school who were stronger and people who could protect Noelle to the days end. 

Carly still remembered the kiss. It was such a weird first kiss. She already knew it wasn't Noelle's first. That Noelle probably kissed and did other stuff with Aidan already. It grossed her out even thinking about it. She felt pretty lame compared to Noelle, even if Noelle's first kiss was an asshole, at least she had done it. Carly wondered if her and Noelle would ever do that stuff. She didn't even know if she wanted to yet. She had barely even knew Noelle, not in a way that could get you turned on at the least. She was really hot and cute but, the only images Carly could see were her crying and faking her emotions. She never saw her genuinely smile once and it hurt her inside. 

Perhaps this is how she was suppose to save her. Make her smile, real smiles. 

On the way home, Carly rode with her sister who came all the way to pick her up. She said goodbye to Breanne and not to the others, she had to pretend she basically didn't even know Noelle. She didn't want to risk a single thing with Aidan, she still had no idea what their relationship is like, even after that whole weekend. All she knew was that it was anything but love, there was something truly twisted going on with the two of them and Aidan was the center of it. 

"What're you thinking about?" Rowan asked Carly, who was deep in thought. 

"Nothing, just soulmate stuff," Carly said, turning her head in the passenger seat. Carly thought of the next time she was going to see Noelle, is it school? Is it Carly's house... Is it, Noelle's house?

"Oh right, you still haven't showed me the tattoo, c'mon I know you have it and you can see it because other-wise you wouldn't care about soulmate stuff," Read her like a book. Carly was a little taken a back by this but her sister was her only friend and her sister also happened to like girls so it wasn't a disaster of an idea. 

Carly slipped away her sweater, sliding it off her left shoulder and showing her sister. "Is that a girls name!?" her sister asked in shock and amazement. 

"Yeah, but she's basically playing pretend soulmates with a jackass," Carly said, staring off in the window and putting her sweater back on fully.