CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Carly panicked, her breath quickened

Carly panicked, her breath quickened. She almost couldn't breath at all. Noelle, Noelle, Noelle!! She was going to stop Noelle from taking that kind of pain even if she had to kill Aidan herself. She was ready to and she would do it in a heart beat. She had to stop the car, she had to do something. But before she could even try anything, they were already there. 

Aidan got out of his side of the car and opened his door and proceeded to open the passenger door. Carly kicked him in the groind and he let go of her to grab it, his breath hitching. 

"Bitch!" He hissed out. Carly started to run into Noelle's house but it was locked. She banged on the door multiple times and rang the door bell over and over again. she could hear Noelle from inside of the house. 

"I'm coming! Jesus you don't have to-" The door whipped open and Noelle saw Carly first. Dripping in blood, tears spewing out of her eyes and her face in clear distraught. Carly shoved Noelle and herself inside and slammed the door behind her when she saw Aidan getting up to go after her. Carly used both locks on the door so that even a key wouldn't be able to open it. 

"Carly! You're bleeding! Why was Aidan over there and what the hell is going on!" Noelle was freaking out and walking Carly to the bathroom to clean her cut. She sat her down on the toilet with the lid closed and went through her cabinets. 

"Have you ever heard of soulmate suspension?" Carly asked Noelle who slowed down and just stared at Carly.

"What did you just say?" Noelle asked, first aid kit in hand, slowly turning to Carly.

Carly winced in pain to her cut, which was getting worse by the second. She felt like she'd bleed out any second. "Soulmate suspension, I don't know a lot about it but I think Aidan is-" 

Noelle dropped everything she was holding in her hands with a loud thud. "Did he do it to you already?" She asked, stepping back. 

"Yeah but we need to stop him from doing it to you, is your back door locked-" Carly was cut off by a loud noise coming from the back of the house. The back door whipped open and both the girls could hear Aidan stomping his way through the house. Knocking over vases and throwing things. 

"Noelle! This is all your fault you know? If you had just stayed with me, Carly wouldn't be going through all this pain and suffering, just for your sake. Just come out already and let me end the suffering, I'll set you free from all of this!" Aidan yelled out. Noelle was pushing Carly into the bathtub and closing the shower curtains, Carly tried to talk but Noelle covered her mouth. Noelle ran out of the room without saying a word. 

The tears started to form again, Carly couldn't even get up to go after Noelle. She was close to bleeding out, she could feel it. The cut wasn't even deep enough to kill her, so why wouldn't it stop bleeding. Maybe it's because it was on her shoulder, the one with Noelle's name. Carly had never done much research on soulmates so she had no idea what was going on. And it's not like she payed attention during class either. Soulmate names could be a soft spot. 

Carly sobbed silently and tilted her head back. Her other arm fell limp and she could barely move it anymore. She couldn't do anything, what was Noelle going to do? Carly wanted to do something, absolutely anything but as each of her body parts started going numb she started to panic. She was tired, so tired. She wanted to go to sleep, and she almost did. She was startled by each loud thud that was going on outside the bathroom. She had no idea what was going on out there. She was hopeless. She could feel all her memories flood to her head. 

She felt all the emotions she had for Noelle boil up into her head and it started pounding. She could feel the passion Carly felt for Noelle- No, she could feel the passion Noelle felt for Carly. She could see Noelle's memories of Carly. She saw the first time Noelle was touched by Carly. She could see their first kiss and the time where Noelle touched Carly. Carly could feel all the emotions Noelle had been feeling in the moment and saw it from Noelle's perspective. She could see when they were at the school and kissed again. She saw the time they went on the skateboard together for the first time and fell into the grass laughing their asses off. She could see them in the car, promising never to leave each other. And yet, there Carly lied in the bathtub where Noelle left her. She could see herself when Noelle had flipped out on her in the lunch room. She saw when Noelle was painting the skateboard for Carly and then giving it to her. She saw the time they exchanged rings and made out on the couch. She could see their first time they had sex, and the second and the third. She could see all the times they cuddled and went places together. They flooded in all at once. 

They were downtown, at an outside mall, walking side by side. Carly could see it all from third perspective now. She could see how she wanted to hold Noelle's hand so bad but held back. Until she felt the warmth of Noelle's hand inside her's. People started to stare and Carly got flustered and her face turned hot. Carly could feel both of their emotions combined so much that it made the pain in her arm go away and she couldn't feel it anymore. She could see Noelle smile back at Carly as she skipped her way in public. 

"It's okay! Nobody from school is here!" Noelle had put a hand up and cupped Carly's cheek and kissed her right then and there. Their soft lips brushing against each other and then drifting away. Carly was watching herself and Noelle kiss and start to fade away and everything else in the background turn white. Carly could feel herself reach out and she screamed in the somewhat lucid dream. 

She started running to them both as they faded away into the air. She just kept running until the both of them completely disappeared. She swiped at the dust that swept into the air and grasped onto it. It blew away and she was left with nothing but empty hands. Was this the end? Was she fading out of existence. 

She wasn't in the bathtub anymore, she was nothing. Everything around her turned into 

Nothing

Authors note <3

Ahh, the waterworks are flooding. Keep reading! The next chapter is sad but it's happy at the same time. It's not over yet so stay.

Also, December 29th 2020, 2:35 am. Wish me luck. my head hurts and I'm crying. 

1168 words