CHAPTER TWELVE

Soon enough, Christmas passed and winter break was coming to an end

Soon enough, Christmas passed and winter break was coming to an end. Carly, still, had no idea what she was going to get Noelle for Christmas. 

Carly sat in her room, the skateboard Noelle got her in her arms, tracing the purple fire with her finger. Her finger grazed over the smooth skateboard and she fell back onto her bed. 

"You could get her a collage, those are popular," Rowan said, sitting on Carly's desk chair. 

"We never take pictures together, plus that sounds cliche," Carly was being indecisive. She wanted to get the perfect present, after all, that's what Noelle had given Carly. She knew that Noelle wasn't going to settle for anything ordinary so she had to do something special and unique to them. 

Rowan groaned in frustration, leaning back in her chair, ready to give up. "You're never going to be able to give her the gift if you're going to be so indecisive y'know," Rowan had been in Carly's room for at least 1 hour now. 

"Well this is hard okay, I need to get her the perfect gift, her gift is one of the best gifts I've ever gotten and I need to repay the favor," Carly put her skateboard on the ground. "Plus, I have no skills or talents so this is going to be hard."

"Wow, thanks," Rowan said sarcastically. "It's not like I buy you 20 presents every year."

Carly got off her bed and started pacing her room. "You know what I mean..." She said, walking along the side of her bed. 

"What if you baked her something? You're good at cooking..." Rowan picked at her nails, expecting another violent no or an excuse as to why she couldn't do that. 

"That's perfect! Then I can do the bracelet idea too that you mentioned earlier! This is perfect, now let's think... What should I bake?" Carly was pacing her room even faster now. Racking her brain trying to think of ideas. 

Rowan was shocked that such a small idea was THE idea that Carly ended up going with. "So can I leave now?" Rowan asked, getting up from the seat. 

"Yeah, you can. Thanks for the help," Carly glanced at Rowan for a quick second and bit the inside of her lip. Maybe she could do a cake? A cupcake? What kind of bracelet should she buy? She ignored Rowan as she left the room and shut the door behind her. Smiling at Carly on her way out. 

"I've got it!" Rowan said over the phone. She was in her car on her way to Noelle's house. 

"Christmas already passed," Noelle said back, in a slightly sarcastic tone.

Carly stopped at a red light and put her arm out to keep the cake from falling out of the passenger seat. "Well I couldn't think of anything! Besides, now you get an even better present than what I originally planned to get you..." Carly said this, even though she never had an original plan. 

Noelle sighed, "I assume you're on your way, correct?" 

"Yep, I'll be there in 5, kay?" 

"kay," And Noelle hung up the phone as the light turned green and Carly continued on the road. Once she made it to the house, she got out and walked to the other side of her car, getting the cake plus a present she wrapped as the main gift.