CHAPTER TEN

The weekend was over and Carly was forced to go back to school again

The weekend was over and Carly was forced to go back to school again. She didn't want to of course, she wished she could've spent the whole week with Noelle in her room and watch movies and TV together and go secretly skateboard together. But school was kicking in and it sucked. It wasn't just the part where they had to do schoolwork. With school came Aidan and currently, Aidan was Carly's least favorite person in the world. Right above Noelle's parents. 

Recently, it felt like everyone was trying to take Noelle away from Carly. Like she was a kid and Noelle was glass, and everyone was trying to keep her at a distance. Carly hated it and it made her want to punch things, very aggressively. 

But non-the-less, she kept it all inside her and forced herself to attend school alongside watching Aidan try to be close to Noelle at all times. Carly couldn't even get a word in. Noelle figured, to fix the situation, to make Carly part of the friend group. Even Breanne agreed to it. Although they didn't tell Breanne at all what was going on so Noelle just told her it would be easier. 

So there Carly sat, the seat next to Breanne at the lunch table, she watched as Aidan slung his arm around Noelle and pulled her close to him while not even paying attention to her. She was visibly uncomfortable. 

Noelle turned to say something in Aidan's ear. After she was done he took his arm back and propped it up on the table. "You're seriously still on your period?! It's been like two weeks!" He said angrily. Carly realized that it sorta had, for him. When Noelle and Carly had their date around 9 days ago, she said she wan on her period then. But now she was actually on her period this time. 

Breanne took a dramatic sip of her caprisun (she grew a liking to them because she has little siblings) and giggled. "Haha! That happens to me like ALL the time. Like I get my period for half a week, think it's gone, and it comes right back!"Carly couldn't tell if Breanne was lying. 

Did she know? No, there's no way. Noelle would've told her is she did. Or Breanne's big mouth would've started talking about it already. That's right, there was no way. Breanne just been cursed with an unfortunate period, that's all.

Carly was second guessing herself everytime she thought about it. "There's no way! That stuffs just lies girls tell when they want us guys to feel bad for them. I bet if I ask any other girl, they'd say that's bullshit!" Aidan sounded angry when he was talking. But he was smiling, it sort of freaked Carly out. He reminded her of a psychopath. Aidan looked around the cafeteria and the girls that walked by, in search of one that could answer his question. "Hmm..."

Carly was deep in thought, she couldn't stop looking at Noelle who was right across from her. Their cafeteria had row tables, which were just long benches. So Carly and Noelle both had empty space next to them while Breanne and Aidan were the end seats and were at the edge of the table. Carly was thinking about giving Noelle a little nudge when her and Aidan made direct eye-contact. 

"What about you, Carly? You're a girl so surely you have that problem like these two!" Aidan inched in closer and it scared Carly, her hands were almost shaking. 

"I-uh, yeah, I guess," She stuttered as the words came out of her mouth and she tried her best to hide her face. Crossing her arms on the table and leaning her head against them and turning away. 

"That's fucking annoying, sounds like you guys are just wimps to me. It can't hurt that bad," Everything he said made the mood more icy. Breanne was good at playing it off but anyone could tell she was clearly hiding her anger behind her warm presence. 

Just when the tone of the area was reaching it's peek, the group was blessed with a new member. Breanne's boyfriend. And this, truly was a blessing. He brought just an ounce of light into the tense atmosphere. 

"Hey babe, sorry I took so long," the guy sat next to Breanne and Carly slid a little further down in her bench to make room. Head still inside her arms. "They just got a bunch of new snacks so the lines super long."

"No way! I'm totally getting my hands on that before it's all gone," Aidan started to get up out of his seat, throwing one leg over to the side. 

Noelle started looking over at the snacks near the back of the cafeteria. "Oh wait, they finally have-" Noelle started talking and noticed Aidan's death stare, glaring at her. 

"You didn't actually think I was going to get you anything?" Aidan bent over and rested his face right next to Noelle's ear so that only she could hear him. "C'mon, you don't really deserve that stuff do you? You could lose a few pounds..." Aidan got up and started walking over to the looming line that looked like it would take at least 15 minutes to get through. 

Noelle covered her mouth and looked off to the side. Wiping away any visible tears. Breanne and her boyfriend were already in their own conversation. Not paying any attention to Noelle. Aidan might have thought only Noelle could hear him but Carl could hear him too. And she was dumbfounded. 

"How can you let him say that to you?!" Carly whisper shouted to Noelle. Propping her head back up and Looking at Noelle. 

"Because it's better that I just let him..." Noelle squeezed her hands with her legs, tucking them away. 

"That's nonsense, what could he do that's so bad. You have me!" They were still whispering quietly. 

"You don't understand, you don't understand the power he holds compared to the both of us..." Noelle looked off to the side, not wanting to face Carly eye to eye. 

Carly grabbed a hold of Noelle's hand into her's under the table. This surprised Noelle and she jumped a little. "Don't YOU understand? You have me, which means I'd do anything for you. We can make him go away I know we can. As long as I'm with you I can protect you!" Carly tried her best to keep her voice down but it didn't seem like anyone in particular was looking their way.

Noelle swatted away Carly's hand whilst rising from her seat. She slammed both her hands on the table and leaned into Carly. "Try and keep that same energy when you see the kind of position he holds against us," Carly gulped "Look around, everyone here sees him as powerful. You wanna know why? His dad's the chief of police and his mother's one of the best lawyers in the country, we don't stand a chance so just cut the shit out."

Noelle backed away and walked out of the cafeteria. Carly had no idea what had just occurred, Breanne and her boyfriend barely even had reactions on their faces. Carly, on the other hand, was shocked and couldn't move. She was starting to realize the threat she feared even before she met her soulmate that she had feared. 

Authors note <3

Omg, it's chirstmas eve and I just pulled an all-nighter. Well, at least I'm getting some writing done. I have so many assignments I was supposed to catch up on jesusss. 

But this chapter makes me hurt so I hope you guys hate it as much as I do. (:

1253 words