Click C.2

(I wanted to draw out the story a bit longer, so not much will happen in this chapter. I'm planning on making another chapter later tonight though, that should be more eventful. I have the weekend to write now, so I'll probably make a few updates and maybe start another book.)

A loud ding echoed through the house as I ran to the front door, money in hand. My parents had supplied me with plenty of money for food, as they'd be gone for a while. I decided that I'd order Chinese food, as the local buffet was cheap and filling. You got way more than you paid for. I quickly pulled open the door to be greeted by a nice old man holding a huge paper bag. You always ordered from that buffet as they didn't get much customers. He was the owner of the restaurant, and even though he didn't speak very good english, it was always a pleasure to see him. I thanked him and exchanged the food for the money, before shutting the door and setting the food on the coffee table. As I was grabbing a plate from the cupboard I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.
"Ye-"
"Y/N!" An overly excited voice screamed in my ear, causing me to cringe away from the phone.
"What the heck man!"
"Sorry, sorry. I couldn't help but notice your channel was gaining a lot of traction!" Was the hurried apologies.
"Oh. Oh yeah how could I forget!" I said dumbly.
"Y/N, you are really something," went Elijah. "Anyway, are we up for our usual collab this week, or are you too famous and forgot?"
Oh shoot. A quick string of apologies immediately formed as I tried to also give him my reason. "I'm sorry! I forgot! I just ordered food and I didn't realize what time it was, and I-"
"What kind of food is it?"
"What?"
"Well, what kind of food is worth forgetting about your cousin? I must know before I may or may not get mad at you." Elijah said nonchalantly.
"Chinese," I said simply, staring at my phone imaging Elijah's expression right now.
"Oh, well that's understandable," you could tell he was flipping through the pages of a book. "Will you be up for in it in an hour?"
"Hmmm, make it two."
"Aight, well, I've got siblings to bother," he chirped.
"What book are you reading?"
"Eragon."
"Oh, good choice." I said. We were both fans of the book, and I know he's read it at least three times. "Well, I won't get in the way of your sibling rivalry any longer. Tell Raelyn to give me call though."
I heard a hum before the phone hung up.
I went on to twitter and announced that the stream would be delayed for two hours. I then noticed that I had a few hundred more followers. "This is gonna be weird, isn't it."

After I finished my food and put the leftovers in the fridge I scrolled through Pinterest for a while. After seeing the time was 7:00 I got in a call with Elijah.
"Oh hey! I was just talking about you!" Came the immediate reply.
I shifted on my feet so that I could comfortably walk around the corner of my room where I wouldn't break anything. The headset tricked you into thinking you were moving in game, but I've heard horror stories where people ended up smashing vases, sculptures, lamps, and many other objects. Which is why I safety proofed my walk in closet, so that I could easily maneuver around without tipping anything over. "And what kinda things were you saying about me?"
Almost immediately the sappy reply came, " That your my favorite cousin."
I blinked a couple times before responding, " Dude, our family is huge. There's no way I'm your favorite cousin. You just want clout."
"I would never try and gain popularity by sucking up to you! That would be horrible."
"Yeah, well, your pretty horrible."
A loud gasp erupted and feigned pain swelled in his voice. "I don't know how you could ever say that to your dear cousin Elijah."
"Well technically your dad is my cousin, you'd be my first cousin once removed or something like that. Besides, everyone's knows your favorite cousin is Alicia," you knowingly said. "Alicia is everyone's favorite cousin."
"Okay, okay. You got me there, but I'm pretty sure it's second cousin." Elijah claimed.
"Why don't you ask Jimmy? He's unnervingly smart."
"I don't need to ask him, cause I know I'm right." Came the smug reply.
"Okay, if you say so," I doubtfully responded.

After playing on your families server for a while Elijah needed to go as he had chores to do. You exchanged goodbyes and then you were left alone. You wondered around for a while before walking up to Elijah's messy house. He wasn't a horrible bulider, but he definitely wasn't good. He was a bit of a Pyro and loved blowing things up, so you had the glorious plan of stealing his stuff.
"Hey chat, do you think we should avenge Bertha?" Bertha was your favorite horse on this server before being mercilessly slaughtered by the hands of Elijah. He never stuck around on the server when you logged on until two months after that. You decided to wait, and be patient. Good timing was everything, afterall. The chat immediately started to fill with mixed responses of "Yes!" and "Who's Bertha?"
"For those of you who don't know, Bertha was my prized stead on this server. Until she was murdered in cold blood, anyway." You paced around the house, looking for the best way in. He likely rigged his home to stop intruders from trolling him. His two older brothers constantly try to get back at him, but he's persistent. The chat immediately started flooding with responses and ideas about how to get back at him.
"I appreciate the help chat, but I've already got an idea."

After collecting and smelting multiple stacks of sand, you were ready to go ahead with the plan. I make haste and stand up on a ledge leading into the "kitchen". All it was was a furnace and a cauldron, with a chest filled with food and items he didn't care to sort. Some of the items included iron and gun powder, so you put them into your inventory. I glanced back in forth to make sure no one was watching, even though I was the only one online.
"Opperation avenge Bertha is a go." I said aloud to the chat. I moved onto his storage room, that was filled with barrels, chests, and even a shulker box i had given him. I figured the shulker box was there to tempt inruders, as they were much harder to get. It'll probably explode or cause a poisoned arrow to fly out. I make my way through the room, careful to avoid tripwires and pressure plates. I started rummaging through the boxes and took anything of value, or considered dangerous. I walked into the next room over where I knew his bedroom was.
"Watch this chat," I smirked. I took two of the beds legs and hoisted it over a couple feet. After setting that side down I walked over to a trap door that was previously below it. "At least he tried to hide it."
I started my way down the long ladder and finally reached the bottom after a good few minutes. I stretched my arms and made gross popping noises when my joints moved.
Pushing through two doors in front of me I walked through a hall with dozens of chests. I started digging through them and repeating my earlier process and looted anything even somewhat good. "Hey chat, I've been looking for more music so feel free to tell me some of your favs."
I flicked through to see what they were saying and started humming along to a Hamilton song someone recommended. "That's a good one chat, Hamilton is great. Ya know, I used to hate musicals. Then I watched Hamilton." I nodded my head as if proving my point. I started to build a layer of red glass on the floor, just about anywhere if there was space. I made sure to leave the door way alone though. "Hamilton made me realize that some musicals are good."
After I finished the the red glass I took out some orange glass as well. "Are there any other musicals you guys think I would like? Cause I would love to hear them." I started putting the orange glass over that of the red. "I really want to see the Heathers. It looks so good! My one cousin, Tam, really liked it. Said im missing out. I quite like the song Beautiful."
I then moved on to a third layer, yellow. "My peeps, I'm am all for acceptance and equality. Which is why I am putting a rainbow of glass in this here room." I continued with the small talk and managed to finish three more layers, and then I was on purple. I placed a crafting table down and used mine and Elijah's iron to make a few blocks of iron. I turned the remaining iron into minecarts. After some more crafting, I had some minecarts with tnt and anvils. "My pals from the LGBTQ+ community, we are going out with a bang."

I scattered the anvils and minecarts around the top sheet of glass before hopping down into the hole where the door was. "I sure hope he enjoys his present!"

(1608 words. Next chapter will pick up a few hours after this, when Elijah is streaming.)