III || Shape-Shifter ||*

Leslie started the day by waking up. It's been a while since she saw Bella. She heard from Charlie that Bella is dating Edward Cullen. Leslie always had a feeling that something was off about the boy. Leslie felt crappy when she got out of bed. She felt sick like she had a fever or something. Leslie shook her head. It was all in her mind. "Morning, uncle," Leslie greeted Billy, who was seated at the table, enjoying breakfast. "Morning, dear," Billy responded. "Did you sleep well?" Leslie kissed her uncle on the cheek. "Yes, I slept well," she replies to his question.

"Have you heard anything from Sam, uncle?" Leslie asks Billy, expressing concern for her best friend. Sam had been missing for two weeks, and when he was found, he didn't communicate with Leslie or Leah. Worried, Leslie just wanted her best friend back.

"No, I haven't. Maybe he needs some time alone," Billy says, holding his niece's hands and offering a soft smile. Jacob entered the kitchen, noticing Leslie was awake.

"Hey, Leslie, are you going to see Bella today? It's her birthday," Jacob inquired. "Sure, I'll go with you," Leslie replies with a smile.

"Okay, you need to get ready soon. I'm leaving in 15 minutes," Jacob says as he walks out of the kitchen. Leslie nodded to herself, stood up from the chair, kissed Billy on the cheek, and headed to her room.

------Time Skip------

When Jacob and Leslie arrived at the parking lot of Bella's school, they spotted her truck. As Leslie observed Bella standing with someone, she felt a surge of anger. Though she had no personal issue with Edward, she couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't good for Bella.

"Bella!" Jacob called out, beating Edward to say something to her. Jacob and Leslie jogged toward Bella, carrying a used car part. Jacob nodded at Edward, who moved aside but kept a watchful eye on them.

"God, Jacob, what are they feeding you on that rez, steroids? You're huge," Bella exclaims. Leslie approached Bella to hug her. "Happy birthday, Bells," Leslie whispers in Bella's ear. Bella smiled at her when Leslie released her from the hug.

"Wouldn't it seem more drastic if you came around more?" Jacob continues talking. "I will, soon. But isn't your school like ten miles that way?" Bella asks, pointing her head toward the rez.

"Just here buying this for the Rabbit. We're almost done with the rebuild. Gotta take a ride when it's done. Oh, and hey, happy birthday. Your dad told my dad. So..." Jacob looked at Leslie, who pulled a small woven dreamcatcher with feathers dangling from her coat and handed it to Bella.

"We saw it the other day and thought of you - it catches bad dreams," Jacob says. "This, I need. It's great, thank you," Bella expresses her gratitude.

"The bell's about to ring," Edward announces as he walks closer to the group. The bell rings, and Jacob gives Edward an amiable smile with just a hint of snark. "Ooh, look at you, all psychic," Jacob tells Edward. "I don't have that gift. But I can read a watch. I'm clever that way," Edward responds. They share a tight smile, and Bella intercedes by squeezing Jacob's arm.

"Bye, Jake, El, and thank you," Bella says, smiling at them. Edward guides her away. As they walk off, Leslie voices her opinion. "I don't like him," walking toward the car. Jacob stays in place, looking at the departing forms of Bella and Edward. Edward glances back at Jacob with resentment, and Jacob holds his gaze.

"Jacob!" Leslie yells back, seeing Jacob standing still and looking at Edward. Jacob looks away from Edward to his cousin. "Come," Leslie continues. Jacob moves toward her and steps into the car. He starts the engine and drives out of the parking lot towards Billy's house.

-------Time Skip-------

Leslie abruptly woke up from a nap on the couch, consumed by an overwhelming anger that made her whole body shake. Sensing that something was amiss, she dashed through the front door and into the tree line, running deep into the woods until it felt like she could explode with rage. Finally reaching a breaking point, Leslie closed her eyes, reluctant to open them. Suddenly, she heard voices in her head.

"Who shifted now?" one voice questions. "Who are you?" asks another. Then, the voice Leslie would recognize anywhere spoke, "Where are you?"

"Sam?" Leslie attempted to think. "Leslie, where are you?" Sam's voice came through. Panicked, Leslie responded, "I am close to Billy's. What is going on? Why can I hear you?"

Out of nowhere, a large black wolf emerged from the trees, accompanied by two smaller wolves. "What the hell!" Leslie exclaims, backing away. "Leslie, I need you to relax. The wolves you see are me, Paul, and Jared," Sam began, attempting to explain. But Leslie cut him off in a panic. "Relax?! You want me to relax while three wolves are standing before me? And I am a wolf myself. I can't relax knowing I have a tail!" Leslie screamed in disbelief.

"Just relax, Danni. We will explain what is going on, alright?" Sam reassures her. "Fine. Relax, I can do that," Leslie replies, closing her eyes and attempting to calm herself by thinking about listening to music and reading books. She focused on nature and its comforting scents, gradually feeling her entire body transform back into a normal human form.

When Leslie opened her eyes, she realized she was completely naked. Shocked, she covered herself as she noticed the wolves were looking at her. The black wolf growled loudly at the others, prompting the two smaller wolves to avert their gaze and turn around, heading toward a few bushes. Each wolf disappeared into a different bush, accompanied by the sound of bones cracking.

Two boys emerged from the bushes, and Leslie recognized them as Paul Lahote and Jared Cameron. The black wolf went behind a tree, and once again, there was the distinctive sound of bones cracking. Sam Uley walked out from behind the tree, leaving Leslie confused. He gave her some clothes and looked away while she got dressed.

"Leslie, come. We're going to the pack's house. We'll answer your questions, alright?" Sam requested, pulling her into a brief hug. "Sure," Leslie responded, the word muffled by the embrace, but Sam could hear it.

--------Time Skip--------

Leslie sat on a chair in the pack's house, her gaze fixed on Sam, searching for any sign that this wasn't some elaborate joke. Despite her disbelief, deep down, she knew it was all real.

"So, I'm a shape-shifter?" Leslie sought confirmation, receiving a nod. "I'm the first female shifter?" Another nod. "And the Cullens are vampires?" Yet another nod. "And we don't kill them because of a treaty?" Leslie looked lost.

"How many times do you have to ask the same questions? Yes, you're a shape-shifter. Yes, you're the first female one. Yes, we don't kill those bloodsuckers because of the treaty," Paul snaps at Leslie, growing frustrated with the repetitive questions. In response, Leslie's anger surged, causing her entire body to shake.

"You need to shut your mouth before I do," she threatens him. Sam intervened with his Alpha voice, "Enough. You need to calm down," he pointed at Leslie, "And you were the same when you shifted, Paul," now directing his finger towards Paul.

"One more question. What am I going to do with Billy and Jacob?" Leslie asks Sam. Sam looks at her and replies, "Billy knows, but Jacob doesn't. So, for the safety of both of you, you stay here until you learn control of your shifting." Leslie nodded in agreement.