IV || Meadow ||*

Weeks had passed since Leslie first shifted. She hadn't seen Bella or Jacob during this time. Leslie faced a few incidents related to shifting, sometimes triggered by Paul and Jared pushing her buttons. However, most of the challenges stemmed from Sam's influence. Due to him, she couldn't see Leah or anyone else, and reaching out to them was impossible.

Leslie's phone was inundated with missed calls and texts from Bella, Jacob, and Leah. She couldn't confide in anyone and felt trapped in Sam's house. The only time Leslie could leave was for patrol. After much complaining and pleading, Sam reluctantly allowed her to visit Billy's house again. However, the condition was that she wouldn't tell Jacob anything and would avoid him at all costs. Leslie agreed, accepting this compromise for a bit more freedom.

----Time Skip----

Leslie sat on her bed, preparing for patrol with the boys. The sound of a truck pulling up caught her attention, and she opened her curtain to see Bella hopping out of the truck with a tarp-covered object in the back. As the front door opened and closed, Leslie observed Jacob walking towards Bella, who greeted him with excitement.

Unable to hear their conversation, Leslie watched as Bella uncovered two dilapidated motorcycles from under the tarp. Deciding to join them, Leslie walked out of her room toward the front door. Opening and then closing it behind her, she heard Bella say, "Hey, El." Knowing that Sam was watching, Leslie ignored Bella, walking right past her and Jacob. Bella frowned, puzzled by Leslie's cold reception and unsure of what she had done wrong.

"Hey, don't mind her. Leslie's been gone for a few weeks, and now that she's here, she's been avoiding me. And when she talks, not much comes out of her. Dad says the reason she was gone was that she was sick, something called mono. And that she was gone to keep me safe." Jacob explains to Bella, who frowns in response. As Leslie passed the tree line, they stopped looking at her.

Leslie approached Sam, Paul, and Jared, who were standing next to each other. When Sam turned around, the others followed his lead. The four slinked soundlessly into the darkness of the woods.

--

Bella drove along the La Push cliffs, with Jacob in the passenger seat. He was inspecting this grimy motorcycle crankshaft and was like, "We got so lucky at the dump. You know how much a new crankshaft goes for?" "Yeah, I totally spend all my free time on crankshaft-dot-com," Bella says sarcastically.

"I think that's an adult site. These bikes will be on the move soon. Where do you wanna go first? Jacob's wondering. "Somewhere sunny," Bella says. "Yeah right, like there's any sunny place close by," Jacob scoffs.

"I know this spot above the clouds," Bella paused, remembering a moment with Edward in the grass.

"Where is it?" Jacob asks, but Bella's face falls. "Actually, it's ... too hard to get to," she replies, her memories vivid. Trying to lift the mood, Jacob brought his easy smile and optimism to the rescue, "So we'll find our sunny spot, right?" Bella smiles, grateful for his positive outlook.

As she gazed out of the window at the cliffs, Bella noticed five people standing on the rocky ledge. Four of them wore nothing but cut-off shorts, and the fifth person was a girl in a tank top with cut-off shorts. They pushed each other around, roughhousing, while the girl simply observed. "Isn't that... Sam Uley and Leslie?" Bella asks, focusing on the girl.

"Yeah, and his cult," Jacob responded bitterly.

Suddenly, two of the guys threw a struggling Jared over the cliff! Bella slammed on the brakes, and jumped out of the truck, and Jacob followed. "Oh my God! Stop them!" Bella screamed as she ran towards them. However, Jacob's laughter slowed her down. "They're not really fighting, Bella. They're cliff diving," Jacob calmly explains. "What, on purpose?" Bella asks, confused. "Scary as hell, but a total rush," Jacob says.