The one with all the realizations

"What exactly do friends do Hermione?" Draco asked with the most innocent look on his face. "Did you not have any friends as a kid?" Hermione said while chuckling. Draco responded with utter silence and only then was it when she realized that he really didn't. "What about Crabbe and Goyle?" Hermione asked to see how he would respond. "Those chubby kiss ups don't count as friends." Draco said. Hermione grabbed him by the hand and ran into a tiny alley, where she grabbed a boot portkey. They were immediately transported to Hogsmeade. The white winter snowflakes fell upon the rooftops of the magical shops as kids buzzed around the village with energy. Hermione and Draco strolled around the streets and finally decided to rest in The Three Broomsticks.  "Friends hang out Draco." Hermione said. After five rounds of Butter beer Hermione opened up about her relationship with Ron. Hermione opened her mouth and hesitantly said "It was like I was stuck in this jail. I would see him looking at other girls and always eyeing everyone else and I remember him eyeing me when I wore something to his liking, but showing indifference towards me if I decided to lay down in sweatpants. It was like all I ever was, was this piece of eye candy and it wasn't until he cheated that I finally got the strength and courage to stand up to him and leave him. To think I was going to marry that guy". Draco stared at her with an analytical look and it wasn't until now that he realized that this girl has been hurt before and you could read it in her eyes. Her chocolate brown eyes told this story of how she was called a mudblood at school, and how then she was branded with the name on her arm, and then how she had to leave her parents the few people who gave her love. He realized that he was a big reason for the hurt in Hermione's eyes.   Draco got up, and mentioned getting an urgent call from work he had to leave for, and how he really had a good time. Hermione said she had to go shopping with Pansy anyway. "So you and Pansy are really friends?" Draco asked with a doubtful tone in his voice. "You expect the expected and get the unexpected Draco." Hermione responded. "Well Granger, you never fail to surprise me." Draco whispered in her ear as he walked out. Hermione was waiting for Pansy at her mums favorite muggle bridal shop. This was the second time in the day she would be seeing Pansy Parkinson, and the idea of that seemed absurd. Pansy walked in and looked around. After what seemed like a million dresses she came out in a pure white strapless a-line dress with a sweetheart neckline, and a natural waist. The back had an x cross on it and the train was a royal 10 feet long. Hermione never knew how gorgeous Pansy truly was until she saw her smile under the fluorescent lighting and pull back her slick black hair. "You look beautiful any guy would be super lucky to have you" Hermione said with her 10 karat smile. Pansy bought the dress and the two walked down at the end of the street into an alley way where Pansy said "Don't forget we are meeting tomorrow to meet hairstylists and caterers, and the theme is blue so I need you t get you maid of honor dress so the rest of my idiotic bridesmaids can copy you." Hermione gasped "I'm your maid of honor?" "Well one Granger I have no muggle friends and I still think you will be the only wizard at the party so yes and second all of the bridesmaids are the girls who are friends with Ethan my fiancé so it's not like I really like any of them." Pansy said in an obvious tone "I still think you should invite your mom it's an important day." Pansy sighed "I can't I'm already a disappointment I can't hurt her anymore." With that low note Pansy and Hermione separated only to meet tomorrow.

Hermione walked into her penthouse and fell on her white leather couch. She took off her red heels and threw them at the window. She went into her walk in closet and changed into a magenta v neck t-shirt and silk pajama shorts. She then heard her doorbell ring and she ran to the door. Her red-headed best friend was standing wearing a leather jacket, an army green v-neck t-shirt, grey skinny jeans, and high heeled leather boots. Ginny was holding Chinese takeout in one hand and a tequila bottle in the other. This was one of the many muggle traditions Ginny and Hermione observed. Every month Ginny and Hermione and have a girls night with drinks and many rants, but Hermione didn't expect her to show up after what happened with Ron. Ginny casually stride in without permission like nothing was wrong. She opened her mouth only to say " I know you'd have a lot to say this month so I brought you your own bottle and twice the egg rolls." After many hours of laughs and giggles the girls woke up lying on Hermione's white shag rug with large headaches and messy buns. Ginny said sleepily "Hermione I just want you to know that no matter how much of a brat my brother is you and I will always be best friends." Hermione smiled and said "Ginny this would be a really sweet moment if I wasn't going to barf on you" All of a sudden Hermione's door opened and Draco came in saying "I brought morning donuts and coffee." Ginny jumped and pulled out her wand. "Hermione, the ferret is in your apartment!" Hermione quickly got up from the couch and disarmed the Ginny. "Draco is a friend Ginny!" After an hour of donuts, pancakes, and coffee with her best friend and her new friend. Ginny and Draco got along  really well. Hermione realized that Draco was really trying to make an effort to be her friend. She realized that  Pansy and Draco were both not as bad as they were at Hogwarts. Sh realized she and Ron weren't meant to be. She realized Ginny and Harry were true friends. She realized that she still had people who cared about her and Ron wasn't her entire world.  One week without Ron and Hermione was learning faster than when she was the brightest witch at Hogwarts