three.

"so are you gonna join back jazz band?" owen asked

"yeah. we need our best pianist back and our best girl." jayson threw his arm around her shoulder.

"i know, i do miss it but my studies and the decathlon and my internship are a lot right now." xiomara shook her head.

"bro you sound like dom." jayson shook his head.

"i'll talk to john(the band director)." xiomara nodded making the boy smiled. they stopped at a food truck.

their song came on and owen and i started rapping the song while jay got the tacos.

"aye but we killed that audition bro." jay said to owen. "it's like i became fucking coltrane in that room."

"word." owen nodded.

"yo i swear i hit that F2 like "yeeeee!"" jay joked making the two laugh. "yo ever since i got new reed. it's fire bro."

the three took a bite of their burritos. "what'd they say to you again?" xiomara asked owen.

"crisp sound, flawless delivery, impressive musicality." owen recalled jokingly.

"yeah, see bro? this is 100 percent happening." jayson said excitedly making owen shake his head, "don't shake your head. i told you!" jayson smiled.

"come on bro." owen smiled.

"i'm proud of you guys but i can't wait. i gotta get back to school and help but if i got time i'll find y'all."

"that's our xo. always on the run." owen said.

"never got time for us anymore." jayson said.

"just her old band friends who she doesn't care about anymore."

"bye boys, i'll meet you in the front of the school and you guys can walk me to class."

xiomara hugged the boys before running off in the other direction.

"hi john! bye john!" xo ran passed the senior who only smiled and waved back.

she ran to the front of the school and prepared for her next class. she walked to the double doors and waited for the boys to show.

she noticed how somehow everything felt tense. the air was thicker and movement felt uncomfortable.

"hey c'mon let's go." owen walked up to her removing her from her thoughts.

"guys, doesn't today feel weird." xiomara asked.

"get out your head xoxo." owen said.

"this fool won't let me borrow his homework, can you help with mines." jayson asked.

"what's in it for me?" xiomara asked.

"i can roll some for you." jayson said referring to getting her joints.