nine.

"gonzalez! prep her dress!" pria, my boss yelled to me

"yes ma'am." she immediately went to go steam and lay out the models dress. she was about to leave soon.

"who's white boy is this?" pria yelled.

xiomara looked up to see luke standing with a bouquet of roses in his hand and her favorite chocolates and a teddy bear.

"i'm so sorry, he's here for me." xiomara immediately ran over there.

"what did i say the policy was about having friends come to a place of business. this is unprofessional." pria crossed her arms.

"she didn't invite me but i had to see her. i'm sorry." luke apologized. "is it cool if i get 5 minutes with her?"

"clocks ticking." pria walked off.

"i told you not to come here. your lucky she's in a good mood."

"well i remember you saying that they're choosing one of their interns designs and you showed me yours and i just knew for sure you won. so did you?" luke asked excitedly.

"yeah." she said excitedly. "look at the model with the big skirt. it looks so weird but like amazing at the same time."

"i'm proud of you xiomara." luke hopped towards her embracing her.

"thanks." xo said softly.

"well we gotta go celebrate." luke said happily. "cmon i'll get us some food."

"um.. okay." xiomara said accepting the gifts and leaving the office.

the two chatted and ate like old times. luke doing something funny to make her laugh and xiomara teaching him spanish which he just couldn't get. he walked her all the way up to the penthouse.

"no and then you popped the fireworks and they landed in your neighbors backyard." xiomara laughed at the memory.

"they called the cops too and they didn't find me." luke admired her smile laughing along.

"hanging out with you was fun. i missed this." xiomara looked down.

"yeah, we could start hanging out again if your comfortable enough." luke asked cautiously.

"um.. yeah sure." xiomara nodded, "you can come in." she said unlocking her door and walking in with luke.

she opened the door and was met with three older gentleman and another boy that seemed to be her age or a little older. luke looked to xiomara confused.

"mija." her father and mother walked over to their daughter with fake smiles.

"luke necisita irse. (luke needs to go.)" her mother whispered kissing her cheek.

luke looked pissed. the one that looked that their age seemed to checking xiomara out. he gripped on his crutch a little tighter gritting his teeth but relaxed noticing xiomara look up at him directing to the door.

"i'm so sorry luke." xiomara said embarrassed.

"it's ok, i'll see you at school." he went in for a hug but stopped himself not wanting to mess up any further progress. he nodded walking out.

"xoxo, these are some of your uncles friends. this is their nephew, alejandro." her father introduced.

"your uncle owes these men some money, do you know about that?" her mother said.

"oh the $750, i'll get your money." xiomara answered.

"$750." the men laughed, "he owes us almost 300,000 dollars."

"we just paid joseph's bail and jet so we don't exactly have the money now." rafael explained.

"which y'all gone make up in favors." the other man answered.

"ale why don't you get to know xiomara gonzales." the man spoke.

she looked to her mom who only nodded.

"keep the door open."

the two walked in and liam immediately began looking around.  he noticed the bright colors, the disheveled desk, and the bookshelf.

"i'm gonna assume your a little bit of a nerd." alejandro picked up one of her books.

"i guess you could say that." xiomara shrugged.

"you seem innocent though." alejandro sat on her chair. "what's the worst thing you've ever done?"

"i don't know. why do you care?" xiomara asked.

"because your uncle talks highly of you." alejandro shrugged, "you're not a bad girl."

she dropped her flowers and the gifts on her table.

"that your boyfriend?" alejandro asked looking at the pictures referring to luke.

"um more of another complication in my life."xiomara looked away, "were on a break."

"he cheated huh?" alejandro asked.

"how'd you know?" xiomara looked back at him.

"you seem to good for him. he cheated because he needed validation that he could get another girl." alejandro shrugged.

"your very intuitive." xiomara said.

"i like observing nice things, what can i say?" alejandro leaned forward.

"ale! let's go!" the big man yelled.

"till next time xiomara." alejandro   stood up walking out.

xiomara's parents entered the room.

"your uncle joseph is getting out tonight but we can't see him." rafael said.

"why?" xiomara asked sadly.

"he's leaving the country mija." sofia answered.

"he can't pay off his debt while setting a life up for himself. we gotta do it for him." rafael said.

"we need your help on it." sofia said.

"anything for family." xiomara answered her parents nodding.

meet liam everyone :)