8: SPENDING TIME IN GOD'S WORD(BIBLE)

16th/November/2020

2 Timothy 3:16- "All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness".

The word of God is very important in our lives, it is God's word to us, it is God speaking to us. It is very important for us to always be in God's word, to study it, meditate on it, learn it and live it everyday of our lives.

My Story
This happened to me, I was not starting my day with God, I was just waking up praying and that was all. ( I do not mean prayer alone is bad, I mean the word of God is also important in our lives) I didn't even get in the word and I felt it was ok since I already prayed but I was so wrong and the thing was that there was always something making me not get into the word like sleep, too loud music or just any other distractions. This opened doors to some ungodly things in my life like anger, impatience, sexual thoughts, and just uncomfortability. I became angry, uncomfortable, annoyed at every little thing, engaging in foolish talks and gossips. Through all this, I was feeling so guilty because I knew this things weren't pleasing to God and wasn't glorifying him. I was being distracted from God. I just wanted to live my life for God, for his glory and then I knew the reason I was feeling this way was because I wasn't filling myself with God's word, with God every second of my day and because of that I was at my most vulnerable state and that led to me being easily attacked and distracted with worldly feelings and things.

The message I am trying to get across to you with my experience is that the word of God is really important in our lives because what we fill our minds with is what we will think about and when we fill our minds with God's word, our thoughts will be about God. When you fill your minds with worldly things, we will think about worldly things.

It is really important for us to start our day with God:
Based on my experience, all the time I start my day with God, I think about him, and my thought stay focused on him and there is no room for worldly things. But when I had not started my day with God continually, I was affected badly with what I had let into my mind because when I wasn't thinking or staying focused on God, worldly things around could easily affect us.

So my main point is to start our day with God with a pure heart, it really helps the direction of our thoughts, when we always meditate and study the word of God. With the help of the holy spirit we begin to live according to the word. God wants to speak to us every time even through his word.

Ephesians 6:15-18 -" In all circumstamces take up the sheild of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirt, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints........"

Remember the word of God is the sword of the spirit, it is a part of your armor of God. And if you are fighting battles, you need all parts of your armor complete. I hope you understand my point. We fight battles everyday but God is our Lord, our strenght, our strong tower, our refuge, our helper, he is the one who fights our battles for us.

So wonderful people of God, put on your complete armor of God, pray at all times (2 thessalonians 5:17- "Pray without ceasing"), hold onto the sword of the spirit- read , study , meditate on the word of God. Put on your helmet of salvation. Let us start our day in God's word even for ten minutes and more, continue our day with him and end our day with him. It is very important.

Pray to God to help you to start your day with him, to help you to be consistent in his word. I pray God helps us all.

LOVE YOU ALL
GOD LOVES YOU MORE

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

see you next time. PEACE

Btw, this is my first update this November, I'm sorry for the inconsistency. I will try to be more consistent in my updates. Thank you.