Chapter 2 - perfect friendship

3rd POV

Midoriya looked around his room, unsure if his new command came in and actually worked. He blinked away the rest of the brightness before finally taking in the space around him.

Well... It WAS his room.

He rushed over to the calendar that was hanged lazily on his door.

The day before his last run, just earlier...

Perfect.

Midoriya quickly went to the bathroom and shut the door quite loudly. Today was the day everything went wrong. Tomorrow was when his childhood friend told him to take a swan dive off the roof. Tomorrow was the day the sludge villain would try to take over his body. Tomorrow was the day All might would laugh in his face and tell him how dumb it was that someone like Izuku thought they stood a chance in the hero industry.

He just... needed avoid it this time. He needed to experiment.

According to the message back after his last death Midoriya could pick a time anywhere in his very longest run to start at. Meaning his first run currently was what he got to choose around in. He just really wanted to see what would happen if he skipped that awful day. He wanted to see if he would end up where he was in his first run. A rookie villain that gets killed by his best friend.

He NEEDS to see where this goes.

He forced his fingers down his throat, feeling a dizzy feeling as he suddenly threw up. He knew this was bad for his health but he didn't need to worry. This power was not a joke. In any way shape or form. The trama he had experienced. The pain too real to make up in his mind, creeping around his very soul.

If that wasn't real then he would rather die with the memory's then live with them.

"Izuku honey- are you ok?" A small knock at the door got Izuku's attention. He quickly made a loud gagging noise before coughing harshly. "Y-yeah I-I'm fine m-mum!" There was a frantic response.

"Oh Izuku- are you sick?! You aren't planning to go to school are you?!" Perfect. "I-I don't think I can m-mum-" Adding a few more fake coughs to finish the effect.

"Ok honey I'll call the school! I'm sure katsuki can bring your homework over later!" Well it was better then getting suicide baited by him. This would preserve their 'friendship' a little bit longer. While that happened Izuku planned to try something he didn't think he could pull off after all those years of horrible fakeness and sadness.

He was gunna try and be true, genuine friends with bakugo katsuki. Last time he didn't have anyone, the only person who willingly protected Izuku was bakugo. Though most people wouldn't understand the type of protection he offered, Izuku did.

Bakugo bullied him so that others wouldn't bully him as much, knowing bakugo was the big dog made Izuku his prey, and there was no stealing from baku- kacchan.

He really did hate kacchan because he had killed Izuku without a thought, but that was the older kacchan. That kacchan had probably seen the same things Izuku had and more. besides he needed to try all possibility's and this was one of them.

The first day went by without a hitch. Izuku prepared his arms and made sure to throw up dinner- even though he really appreciated his mums cooking, he couldn't let himself feel better or else tomorrow wouldn't work.

The next day Inko left early leaving Izuku to his own devices, making sure to prepare all he needed for the time. He soon started to wait for kacchans inevitable arrival.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Ah here he was now, Izuku made sure to look as horrible as possible, a mask over his face, blankets covering him. His eye bags much heavier along with the already haunted look in his eyes. Perfect.

He opened the door to an angry looking bakugo, looking as if he was about to ring again. Bakugo stopped his scowl as his face shifted. Angry concern?

"H-hey k-kacchan-" Izuku stopped mid sentence to cough harshly into his fist. Bakugo didn't say anything at first before he pulled out the papers.

"Here's your homework..." it seemed bakugo wanted to ask if he was alright, but Izuku knew kacchan better then that. He knew he couldn't even if he so desperately wanted to.

"I-im so S-sorry but u-Um-" Izuku paused glancing at his sleeve- which he covered stupidly fast as he 'realized' the bandages where showing. Bakugo's angry concern turned to even MORE concern with a small scowl as he quickly reaching for midoriya's sleeve. Izuku pulled back his arm in 'alarm' quickly continuing his question to distract the blond.

"we r-ran out o-of f-food in t-the fridge a-and mum won't be here u-until t-tomorrow-" Izuku looked down at the floor with a tired expression. "I w-would go out a-and get something b-but..." Bakugo huffed in fake annoyance.

"Sure I can go to the store and get you something." Bakugo paused once again. "Or I can bring something over from my house." Izuku's eyes flicked back up to bakugo in genuine surprise at the gesture. "I-if you don't- mind-" Izuku's already shaky legs have out on him as he dropped to the floor in a coughing fit. Bakugo's face showed major alarm.

He reached out.

Izuku flinched in fear at his touch, bakugo helping Izuku up. "God dam nerd, don't you dare speak of this moment to ANYONE! Understand?!" Izuku chuckled weakly in response as bakugo helped Izuku to bed. Once Izuku had fallen 'asleep', almost as soon as he hit the covers, bakugo just stared in with now complete concern.

Bakugo's POV

How the hell did he get so sick?

Bakugo thought back to Izuku pulling down his sleeve with a look of guilt and fear, covering something he didn't get to see.

Bakugo reached out his sweaty hand, unsure what he would see once he looked. He felt a guilty fear start to rush in his veins.

Bakugo pulled up deku's sleeve.

What he saw made him want to cry.

Izuku's arm was wrapped in slightly red bandages. "W-what?" Bakugo's voice cracked, he didn't want to find out what was under those bandages but he truly already knew.

Cuts.

7 in total. They looked almost brand new. The blood was clotted but it looked like these where caused at least a day earlier.

'Dek-Izuku cut himself?!' Bakugo's mind was racing, his brain trying to avoid the huge obvious explanation that hung in the air thickly. Bakugo swallowed as he realized.

'Did I do this?' Izuku clearly didn't want bakugo figuring this out, so bakugo re-bandaged his arm with new wrappings, cleaning up the cuts as well as realizing that there where 7 more on his other arm.

Bakugo felt pure guilt flow through him.

His fault. His fault his fault
hisfaulthisfaulthisfaultHiSfAuLtHISFAULT

Bakugo's mind became more and more crowded as he held his head, leaning back against the bed staring at Izuku's hand which fell to touch the floor.

bakugo felt his hand reach out and grab Izuku's tightly. He didn't wanna let go.
he...
should let go.

What if deku sees it

Even for bakugo this new information about Izuku was too much.

nothing was too much for THE Bakugo katsuki!

He was so full of himself he didn't see that his... friend? No that wasn't the word... right?

He's just a dam nerd! A pebble on my path to becoming number one!

That's not how he really felt about Izuku. He didn't-

That night katsuki Bakugo cried for his old best friend, from that point on promising that he would try his hardest to make up for all the horrible shit he had done. Just because Izuku was Quirkless did not mean bakugo couldn't try to protect him, & correctly this time. Not by bullying him but by being his one and only friend.

This was the vow that would change route 3.

"I'm so sorry Izuku." Bakugo sobbed quietly. So quiet you wouldn't think he was crying at all.

Izuku smiled genuinely for the first time in a long while.