Chapter 3 - got my back

3rd POV

Izuku woke up feeling exhausted.

Feeling depressed about life.

He may have been acting at some parts of his and Bakugo's interaction but Izuku truly felt the depression seeping in. Back in his first run he had felt it pretty heavy too, though he never actually cut himself or tried to kill himself. He was way too scared.

But now he knows he can't actually die...

And oh god did cutting actually feel really good. The slicing of skin was a tad unnerving but once he saw the blood just drip down his arm, he felt so in control of his life it was terrifying.

The sudden smell of bacon wafted though his room. He sat up even though his mind protested thoroughly, he managed to make his way doe the hall in the small kitchen.

He expected to see his mum, but instead stood bakugo in a 'cooking king' apron. It was actually a really funny sight.

"K-Kacchn?" Izuku said quietly, remembering to pull the blanket around him tighter. Bakugo looked up to see Izuku stood shyly, trying not to make eye contact, his arms covered by the blanket. Bakugo could just FEEL the waves of anxiety and worry coming off of Izuku and he felt a wave of shame.

His fault hisfault hisfaulthisfaultHiSfAuLtHISFAULT-

"Uh- Kacchan?" Izuku felt even more nervous. What was bakugo even doing here?! He was trying to be friends with him at school- not in his house- wait did he stay here the WHOLE TIME?!

"Aye nerd your muttering..." Izuku quickly shut up, not wanting to piss him off.

"Listen... we need to talk." Bakugo looked... nervous? What? The pøssibility's of this conversation where endless.

"I saw them."

"Saw what?" Izuku tried to play dumb but he knows.

"You know what I mean nerd...the cuts."

Izuku froze. Shit. Nononononono- but the bandages they where- Izuku saw the new bandages wrapped around his arms and his eyes widened. He quickly dropped to the floor and held his head. "He wasn't suppose to find out, nonononono he can't- he'll hate me even more- I can't- I won't-" strong arms held Izuku tightly. Though it felt awkward, he started to cry into them, sob into them actually.

"It's fine nerd. Just... let it out I guess." Bakugo talked like he was trying his hardest, like he wasn't used to comforting someone. Izuku started to apologize for the fact he had to see them, the cuts. Over and over no matter how much bakugo tried to tell him it was ok. Then some words made Izuku stop.

"I'm sorry." They where small, but they weren't his, they where Bakugo's. Izuku looked up to see Bakugo's face. He was tearing up too, he looked so guilty, he looked like there was so much...

Regret

Izuku panicked face didn't seem to calm bakugo down in the slightest. "N-no it's not- n-no k-kacchan-" izuku soon hugged back, even though his arms hurt while doing so.

They both stayed like that, crying and hugging each other in a way they both thought they would never feel from each other again.