Chapter 4 - Burnt

-Stats-

-Name: Izuku midoriya
-Time lived: 14
-run: #4
-brief summary: Best friends with Bakugo katsuki to the very slimy end.
-Score: 19/1000
[Main Menu]

"What. The. FUCK!"

Izuku slammed his fist to the ground as he clenched his throat with the other, his face distraught looking in every meaning of the word.

He suddenly threw up harshly, coughing tirelessly afterwards.

"W-what Was that-" Izuku said as he breathed heavily. His throw up suddenly gone after he looked away.

"Did... did I just suffocate?"

=========
As Izuku and bakugo silently walked back home together slightly apart from one another, the rattling of the sewer lid behind Izuku made bakugo look back.

"IZUKU WATCH OU-"

The slime that started to make its way into Izuku's body felt disgusting, his gagging not stopping the slimy substance. Not even a few seconds in he was dead of suffocation. All might a mere 5 seconds late.
=========

"I feel the pain of my deaths, good to know- 3 deaths later-" Izuku gagged just thinking about the sensation. This means he would need to redo it all over again.

Again.

God not again.

Izuku hugged his knees in the black empty abyss that was his quirk- no, this wasn't a quirk, this was a curse. He only got 19 score. On this 4th run.

He had tried so hard too.

After having an existential crisis for what seemed like hours Izuku got to his feet and looked at the menu again.

"..." Izuku felt the sudden urge to drop dead. He could do that, he thought of his time and pressed start.

=========

Izuku blinked and he was suddenly on his way home to school. His body beaten and bruised. Izuku stopped in his tracks to look around. He looked at his hands seeing that he was much younger now.

He believed he was around the age of 6 or 7 maybe. It didn't matter honestly, he just needed something, anything. To stop this painful curse from making him live on.

Izuku's eyes grew dull, he dropped his bag in an alleyway and just slip down the crooked brick wall.

He wanted to cry but what would that do. Help him? God no. He didn't have any friends, he didn't feel any fear when thugs walked past with stern looks.

Though one person stopped in front of Izuku, kneeling down in front of him. Izuku looked up. He knew who this was, though the scars the man owned where less prominent, but he knew.

But Izuku couldn't seem to find the will to care.

=========

When dabi had started to smoke out of his cigar, he had just started on them too, a kid walked right through the smoke as though they where use to it.