Outpost

LOCAL INFECTION HAS TAKEN OVER OUR TROOPS. WE ADVISE CITIZENS TO REMAIN CALM DURING THIS-

Torcher turned the TV off.

The infection really had taken over everything.

"Well that's not good," Mr. P said, giving Torcher a cup of water.

"Yeah, no shit." Torcher scoffed.

"I don't like putting my friends at risk, but you wouldn't mind taking a mission

to the outpost, right?"

Torcher let out a long sigh and shook his head. "What's my purpose if I stay sheltered with you? Hand me my flamethrower and I'll take care of em"

Mr.P gave a slight frown but knew there was no point in disagreeing. "Be safe, there are hundreds of them. They will show no mercy."

Torcher slipped on his boots and put on his mask. "You gotta stop treating me like a toddler, I know what I'm doing, sir"

Torcher ran out of the base heading towards the outpost.

Mr.P felt a cold sweat run down his spine, Torcher was being too rash, something bad was bound to happen.

Torcher made his way to the outpost, out of breath and covered in sweat.

The outpost was engulfed in flames and the sounds of the undead echoed throughout the base.

"What happened here?"

It pained him to see the base in such a state, after all, he had made so many memories here. Torcher quickly snapped out of it and grabbed his flamethrower.

No time to be sentimental, you have a job to do.

Torcher walked around the base in search of the undead. Strangely enough, there were no signs of life at all. He could hear the undead soldiers, but he couldn't see them.

RAARARGHHHH

Suddenly, an infected plunged out of the ground and grabbed Torcher by the ankle.

"WHAT THE HELL?"

Torcher quickly kicked the soldier off and blazed him to a crisp.

The infected soldier retreated back into the ground letting out a painful screech.

"So these things crawl underground? Dammit. I have to be more careful"

Torcher sneaked behind a building to check if the infected wounded him.

No scratches. Torcher let out a long sigh of relief, he needed to survive.

Just as Torcher was about to pull out a small flask of water, he heard screaming. This wasn't the scream of an infected, this was the scream of... Ryan?! Torcher got up and took a closer look. There was no mistake, from afar, Torcher could see his old friend Ryan fighting off the infected. They had met at the outpost two years ago and shared a bunker. Torcher quickly made his way over to help Ryan before the inevitable.

I'm coming! Hold on!

Torcher swiftly grabbed a knife from his pocket and sliced the last zombie in the throat.

"Torcher?"

Ryan took a step back and shakily put up his knife.

"Calm down Ryan, I'm here to help you."

Ryan put his knife away and took a step closer.

"I don't know what's going on, man. I wake up one morning and I see one of our troop members puking neon green! Next thing you know the whole base is infected."

Torcher gave Ryan a reassuring pat on the back.

"Listen Ryan, I don't fully understand what the hell is going on either, but all I know is that we need to kill as many infected motherfuckers as we can then get the hell out of here."

Ryan took a glance at Torcher and then the infected they had just killed.

"Alright. Just promise me you won't die?" Ryan said, giving a slight smile at Torcher.

"Promise. Now let's fight."