3 - Help Me, Y/n

3rd P.O.V

Dabi thought what he had said to Toga. Sure, she was sometimes childish and all that but maybe that was a little too cold for even him. Telling someone they're not needed is... Well...

Anyway, Dabi thought about Y/n and how could he talk to her again without it being very creepy.

Then he thought, maybe he could solve one problem with another.' 'Ask Y/n to help me' uhh, help me with what? Apology? Hmm... Okay then'

-

Y/n had finally found a peaceful silence in her house. She closed her eyes and laid down on her couch. She was just about to fall asleep when she heard a knock on her door.

She hesitantly got up from her couch and walked to the door. As she opened the door she was met with... Red... Feathers? There's only one person she knows that has red feathers. "Hawks? -". "Surprise, Y/n! Uhh, were you sleeping?" Hawks stepped inside her house and closed the door behind him.

"What do you need?" Y/n sleepily asked. "Uh, can't I visit my best friend without being questioned?" Hawks awkwardly smiled as he sat down on Y/n's couch. "You and I are not best friends," Y/n playfully rolled her eyes as she smiled.

"That's where you're wrong, Y/n!" Hawks pulled Y/n on the couch next to him. He side hugged her. "Jeez, fine then..." Y/n tried to talk, her voice getting muffled by Hawks' wings.

Y/n pushed her way out of the side hug. "I'm gonna go get myself a glass of water, alright?" she got up. "Okie! Could you get me a glass as well?" without hearing an answer, Hawks laughed a bit.

To his surprise, Y/n came back with two glasses of water. Hawks, almost shyly, took the glass from her.

Before he could drink it, his phone started ringing. "Shoot, I'm so sorry, Y/n... I have to go," he said as he looked at his phone. Without saying anything, Y/n took the glass from Hawks and smiled.

He looked at Y/n with quite a lot of interest in his eyes. He felt his body lean slowly towards her. "... Didn't you have to go ...?" Y/n asked, completely ignoring Hawks' weird behavior.

He shook his head. "Y-yeah. Your handsome best friend has to save the world," Hawks winked and quickly got up and left without another word.

Y/n shook her head and drank her water. Few minutes later she was taken by surprise when she heard a knock on the door. Did Hawks forget something?

Without further thinking, Y/n went to open the door. To her surprise, it was Dabi. "Oh... I thought..."

"Can I come in?" Dabi mumbled without emotion. Y/n nodded and let Dabi past her. She also closed the door behind him. "Did something happen? You look a little down,"

Dabi didn't really know if he should sit down. Y/n took a notice of this, and told him he could sit.

"So..."

Dabi had thought what to tell her. If he'd just say 'I made a girl upset', she could think he's talking about his girlfriend. Witch Dabi didn't want her to think. So he said: "I think I made my little sister upset,"

Y/n had a look of sympathy on her face. "Physically or did you say something to her?"

"I said something to her," Dabi spoke quietly, lacking emotion. "Well then it might not be that bad, actually. Words can hurt, but if you physically hurt someone, it's a lot different," Y/n closed her eyes in mid sentence.

"Well... What can I do then?" Dabi asked. "Hmm, I suppose you could just tell her you're sorry and hang out with her? Actions speak louder than words, ya know? You have to show her you didn't mean it,"

Dabi smiled at Y/n. That smile faded a bit when he noticed two glasses of water on the living room table. Why was there two glasses of water? "Did... Did you have company earlier?" Y/n noticed him looking at the water glasses. "Oh, yeah I did,"

"A friend or...

Someone special?". Y/n laughed a little. "A friend. I feel like if it was 'someone special', I wouldn't be drinking some boring water with them," Dabi felt relieved a bit.

"So do you have time in your hands, Dabi?" Dabi, out of reflex, looked at his hands. Y/n giggled. "Not literally!"

The two ended up watching a movie.

=============================

A/n:

Side question: I planned Hawks to be like the reader's friend. The more I think about it, the more I want Hawks to secretly have a crush on the reader.

I mean, the reader doesn't have to like him back or anything. But I feel like 'this is supposed to be Dabi x reader'.

Hmm, what do you think?

。。。