50 | scream

CHAPTER FIFTY | SCREAM

         THERE WAS SOMETHING easily sensual and languid about how Yuki Koizumi moved, and it was making Brie's blood boil. She was watching Yuki carefully from her seat in the Koizumi's family couch, Paula and Troy on each of her side like protective pillars. The two were obviously watching Yuki too, breath suspended and eyes glued to the gorgeous woman's moves. Even though they were seated in a fairly comfortable couch, nothing felt comforting in Yuki's presence. It was suffocating, it felt like a thin string wrapped too tight around her neck.

Yuki should be illegal, and not just because she was too gorgeous, but because she was dangerous.

Brie watched carefully with seething eyes how Yuki poured the contents of a floral porcelain teapot into the four cups on the glass coffee table, humming an unfamiliar song under her breath. She acted like the room wasn't filled with tension, or she was immune from it. Steam emitted from its snout, the white steam curling around Yuki's thin and delicate face like the hands of a lover as she smiled at her handiwork.

She clicked her tongue when the last cup was filled and placed the teapot down carefully to a silver tray. "There. This is Gyokuro. My mom rarely lets us use this because it's a bit pricey, but since I have very special guests, I figured giving four cups won't disappoint her. You know how Asian moms are..." her almond eyes flickered to Brie. There was something malicious about the look she gave her, taunting even. "But of course, you do because of Xander. Right, Brie?"

"Just jump to fucking point," she snapped and Paula and Troy flinched at the sharpness of her tone. But she was far too gone, she was tethering on the edge of having good moral conducts and jumping on Yuki. "You don't have to make a show of preparing your expensive tea. We're obviously unwanted guests."

Yuki titled her head to the side, observing Brie. She was quiet for a second until she burst out laughing. "God that was so dramatic." She wiped her faux tears off her highlighted cheeks. "But that's where you're wrong, honey. I'm actually looking forward to this. I'm craving for this day—seeing you there on my couch, fuming with rage but your stupid little morals are holding you back like I know they would."

"Shut. Up."

"Oh." Yuki leaned back in the lover seat across them. A smirk that had been too familiar to Brie in place. "But this is my home, Brie. I can speak, scream, or moan whenever I want. Unless, my parents are home, of course. But they rarely are. Imagine all the fun I can do with all that liberty."

Paula reached out to hold Brie's hand. If Brie was seething earlier, now, she felt like lunging for Yuki and scratching her face. The only thing that held her back was Paula's tight grip on her wrist. She wasn't dumb, she may be inexperienced but she knew what Yuki was implying; how she and Ollie had all the freedom in the world to do what they wanted. Brie's heart ached at its implication, it burned with jealousy and numbed with the bitter truth that this woman had been with Ollie in that way.

"Why are you doing this, Yuki? I thought you're friends with Izzy, why would you purposely provoke her for something as petty as—"

"Petty?" Yuki's voice rose for the first time and the room fell silent. "You think my reason for going out of my way and doing this is petty? Wow! I knew you're stupid, but I didn't know you're this dense."

Paula glared at Yuki. "Hey, watch it."

Yuki ignored Paula. She rose from her seat in a manner that was painfully too slow for Brie. "Have you ever had sex, Brie?"