A Simple Test... Part 5

Marcy smiled, a burger and fries now in her belly. But moreso, she smiled as Sharon pushed her wheelchair up to a swimming pool.

"You mean... I get to swim with my tail?" Marcy asked.

Sharon laughed. "Why do you think we've gone to the trouble of figuring out how to do this?"

A different girl came in from the one Marcy had seen during her changes. She had a cloth bag in her hand, like you'd take with you to a swimming pool.

"I hope you don't mind girly clothes," the girl said. She opened the bag, and pulled out a small white top. Marcy accepted it, and seeing that Liam and Sharon were purposely looking away, she pulled off her hospital gown, and pulled on the top.

It had cups built into it, and her breasts felt a lot better with the support. She strangely felt a little spark of delight seeing the top on herself. She... liked it.

"Well," Sharon said, laying a hand on Marcy's shoulder, "let's get you in."

Sharon and the other girl came to the sides of Marcy's wheelchair, seemingly to help her in, but Marcy used her tail to spring off and right into the pool.

She felt the water strike against her, and coat her skin. Strangely though, she didn't feel herself naturally float up towards the surface. She didn't sink either.

The bubbles began to drift upward, until she could clearly see her tail, glimmering in the light. She couldn't resist letting out a giggle as she flicked it, and moved slightly.

And then she realized, to her amazement, that she could breathe. The water had a faint smell to it, but it was not chlorine. If anything, it seemed like it was saltwater.

She breathed experimentally, at the same time that she tried swinging with her tail back and forth.

Getting a grasp of how it all felt, she wanted to truly use her mermaid tail. She rolled onto her belly, and began to swim in an S-motion.

It was incredible. Her tail moved flexibly just how she wanted it. Every past experience swimming paled in comparison. She could breathe and swim properly now.

 She could breathe and swim properly now

She became lost in it. Never having to leave and go back up to the surface, but getting to be in her own little world, spinning around in her tail like she was a pinwheel.

Eventually, she became tired, and she broke the surface of the pool.

"I don't know what you want," she said, meeting Sharon and Liam's eyes, "but I will do anything if I can keep this thing."

Sharon's jaw dropped, but Liam smiled, chuckling. "You and my wife would get along very well, I think."

Marcy couldn't keep the smile off her face.

"We aren't going to just keep you the way you are forever," Liam said.

Marcy frowned. "Why not?"