Chapter 9: Battle for the Trident

Jack ran with the new crew along the beach, holding the leaking bottle in his hands, away from his body. I was right beside him, trying not to trip in the sand or my dress while watching the bottle that he held in his shaky hands. I had no idea what to expect, but I didn't want to miss it.

"Get ready!" He shouted as everyone was running

"Get ready!" He shouted as everyone was running. "It's coming!" We ran over some rocks and Jack kept shouting excitedly, "it's coming! It's coming, it's coming!" He dropped the bottle onto one of the rocks, and the glass shattered. Jack stood back, "stand aside! Stand aside!"

The ship grew rapidly, and suddenly stopped, leaving everyone gravely disappointed. I dropped the skirt of my dress, trying to catch my breath that was being squeezed out of me from the corset. Jack walked up to the tiny ship, and picked it up with two hands, looking downtrodden.

"It's shrunken," Jack said, "why doesn't it unshrink? Maybe it's cold, Huh?"

Barbossa swaggered up to Jack and took the ship from him, exasperated. "She needs the sea," he said and tossed it over the ledge and into the water. It landed in the ocean, and sank.

Jack only waited a few seconds before his face fell and he sighed heavily, "she was a fine ship."

I frowned at Barbossa, curious if he knew what he was doing.

The water began to bubble, and Jack stuck his arm in front of me and walked backward a few steps, taking me with him. We watched as the magnificent ship rose out of the water and grew tremendously, back to her former glory and size. Water sloshed on deck before pouring out over the railing.

The pirates began laughing in victory, once again seeing the Pearl. I was both amazed, and shocked. I honestly didn't think I'd ever see him like this again.

Jack's joy was cut short as Barbossa cocked a pistol and held it to Jack's head.

"There be room for only one Captain," he said. He glared at me, recalling the fighting that occurred between the three of us last time we had board the Pearl, "that goes for you too, missy."

"Indeed, you are right," I said, glaring back at him. I still didn't have a weapon that I could use to fight back. I planned to snatch Captain status away from Barbossa anyway.

"Lads, try not to think of having a woman Captain as degrading. Think of it as having a smart and experienced captain who just happens to be a woman," Scrum said, taking my side.

"I'd prefer for them to think of it as degrading," I stated flatly.

"She will not be captain," Barbossa hissed.