Chapter 10: Rendezvous Beyond the Horizon

Narrator's POV

Jack stood on the forecastle deck, opposite of the helm, using his spyglass to watch Henry and Carina reunite with Elizabeth and Will by an old lighthouse on the Southern coast of Xaymaca, just across the bay from Port Royal.

Annette stood at the back corner of the quarterdeck, leaning against the railing as she watched through her own spyglass, smiling happily at their reunion. The Flying Dutchman was drifting near shore, with Will no longer bound to it for eternity.

"What a truly revolting sight," Jack said after he put his spyglass down.

"Make way!" Gibbs shouted, "Captain Jack Sparrow on deck!"

"Indeed!" Jack shouted. He gave a flourished bow, and made his way to the quarterdeck as the crew payed their respects to him.

"Welcome back, Captain," one pirate said

"Oh, thank you very much. Coming through," Jack said as he made his way down. This is what he has been striving for ever since his first marooning. To be the respected captain of the Black Pearl. And he finally got it.

Annette shot a glance at Jack as he swaggered down the deck, smiling tightlipped yet warmly at him. Her smile beckoned him like the song of a siren. She had changed into her old clothes that she wore while she was captain that she had kept on the ship. She wore a loose black blouse with a red sash that clutched around her waist that held her pistol, her brown seaboots concealed a dagger, and her navy blue linen pants were tucked into her long boots. Her dark champagne hair danced behind her shoulders with the wind. She was his pearl, timeless in beauty and love.

Jack looked up at Annette just as she was looking away. She stands apart from the crowd. He smiled at the thought of having more time with her, with her being his favorite number 2. He could feel the love that he had for her returned to him, finally. He promised himself, and her, that he would never let himself go again. She was his siren. He was the raging sea, and she was his pearl. Their future together was bright. They will sail on the horizon, set course for the sun, and they'll never see the end.