第1章

You woke up to your alarm clock, annoyingly and loudly beeping, like it's supposed to. You opened up your still tired, sleepy eyes and sat up to check the time. 4:00. You blinked.

Wait.

Oh, I'm late! That's not good... today is my first day, too...! You thought to yourself, as you frantically got out of bed and searched for your ANBU attire. Once you found it, you ran into the bathroom. You quickly stripped off your night clothes and put on the outfit. You grabbed your hair brush and brushed your messy (h/c) hair, then brushed your teeth. You got your shoes on and ran out the door, hoping you wouldn't be in too much trouble.

---

After a few minutes, you finally arrived at the ANBU headquarters. As you walked in, you noticed a few stares on you. One person, who seemed a little older than you, with silver, gravity-defying hair looked at you with his cold, charcoal eyes.

"Are you (Y/n)?" He asked.

"I'm (Y/n), yes." You responded. He huffed.

"You're awfully late." He pointed out. "On your first day, too. Don't let it happen again." You nodded, feeling just a little intimidated. "Itachi, Tenzo, introduce yourselves. (Y/n), you're going to be working with us three, under my command." First, the raven-haired one stepped up. He held his hand out for you to shake.

"I'm Itachi Uchiha. I look forward to working with you." Itachi spoke. He looked no older than anyone else in the room.

"Likewise." Next, the one you presumed to be Tenzo walked up to you to introduce himself. "You're Tenzo?" You asked.

"That's me," Tenzo replied. "Nice to meet you, (Y/n)."

"Nice to meet you." You both shook hands. His eyes reminded you of almonds. Huh.

"I'm Kakashi. This is Team Ro." Kakashi said. You nodded.

"I look forward to fighting alongside you." You said, nonchalantly. Suddenly, your stomach growled, making you wish you had some time to eat something this morning. "S-sorry. Ignore that."

"You didn't eat this morning, did you? You can't work efficiently with an empty stomach." Itachi said. "Why don't we go get some ramen? We have a mission later, I believe."

"No, I'm fine, really." You insisted, turning down the idea.

"Are you sure?" He persists.

"Well, if you want to go, I guess we can, if you really want to."

"Tenzo, are you going to go with us, or do you have plans?

"I'll come, it sounds good. Are you coming, Senpai?" Tenzo asked Kakashi. He calls Kakashi... Senpai...? Kakashi shook his head.

"I'll pass, I have more important things to do. Remember that we have a mission later today." He told you all. You tilted your head. What's so important that you can't eat ramen?

"See you later." You waved.

---

-Itachi's Pov-

We arrived at Ichiraku's. (Y/n) seemed nice, so far. She looks like she'll do good for the ANBU.
 We ordered our ramen and waited for it to be made. I tapped on Tenzo's shoulder. He gave me a I'm not that interested in what you have to say kind of look. I gestured for him to come closer so I could whisper.

"What do you want?" He asked. I looked over his shoulder to check if (Y/n) was paying any attention. She knew it was none of her own business, so she ignored us. Good.

"What do you think of (Y/n) so far?" I asked. Tenzo poked his chin with his thumb.

"She... seems to fit in relatively well, besides her being late." He carefully replied. "What about you, what are your thoughts?" I hummed, and shrugged.

"She seems alright." I answered.

"Here's your ramen!" Teuchi said as he set our ramen in front of us three.

"Itadakimasu." We all said in unison. As we all slurped up our ramen, I couldn't help but want to see how (Y/n) reacts to different situations. Reactions a lot about a person.

"Hey, (Y/n)." I got her attention.

"Yes?" She asked.

"You know, ever since Kakashi told us you were joining the ANBU, Tenzo couldn't stop talking to me about you," I said. I noticed how Tenzo's expression was uncharacteristically showing a sign of embarrassment, dusted with a light shade of pink. I looked over at (Y/n), and noticed she had a similar reaction, but concealed it well.

"I-...that's an overstatement." He argued. Tenzo shot his head the other way. He muttered something under his breath, but I couldn't understand it. As we continued eating, I noticed (Y/n) was already finished with her ramen. I raised my eyebrows, slightly stunned.

"(Y/n), you're already done with your ramen? That was quick." I said.

"Hm?" (Y/n) looked at her empty bowl. "Oh, yeah." Tenzo looked too.

"You were pretty hungry, huh?"

-(Y/n)'s Pov-

"Yeah, I guess so." You gave Itachi and Tenzo a sheepish smile while scratching the back of your neck.

Tenzo glanced at the time on the clock on the wall. "Hey, I think our mission is going to start soon." Tenzo stated.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that." You said.

"Yes, Kakashi should be here soon." Itachi stands up and hands Teuchi your empty bowls and pays the bill. As expected, Kakashi appeared right next to you and the other two.

"Our mission starts in a few minutes, get ready, and hurry up." Kakashi ordered. He then looked at you. "And (Y/n), don't be so late, this time."