Chapter 1

Time passed quickly after New York no matter how much we tried to slow it down. My baby started school and Sam just grew up so quickly, it's honestly shocking how quickly they grow. Luke went back to work on a part-time schedule, spending more time at home, and not really traveling for work. It's really nice having him at home, I love it.

We've been trying for baby number three over the past year but it's just not happening for us yet. I can't deny the fact that we're stressing about it but, it will happen when it's supposed to. Kei is 4 and Sam is going on 10, time is passing too quickly. I'm 38, maybe it just isn't meant to be.

"Babe!" Luke shouted from the kitchen as I made my way downstairs.

"I don't know how you drink those nasty things." I complained when I saw him drinking raw eggs.

"It's good for me." he smiled.

"Cooked eggs are good for you." I argued as I prepared my coffee.

"Eggs in general baby."

"What's your plan for the day?" I asked, kissing his cheek.

"Going to the gym and then we'll see what happens. Can you take the girls to school?"

"Sure, Sam is in the bathroom and Lani is looking for her shoes. Got work tonight?"

"Not sure yet, you coming with me if I do?"

"Not tonight baby, I'm feeling cranky."

"I knew it was about that time. There's a bag of M&Ms and a small Nutella in your bedside drawer." he smiled.

"Not quite there yet but I'm a lucky and spoiled woman."

"I'm the luckiest man."

"Go! Get your workout." I smiled.

"Can I get some extra cardio after?" he smirked, kissing my neck.

"Maybe . . . I'm gonna go change . . . Luke!" I shrieked when he grabbed my hips and pulled me back against his chest.

He untied my robe, revealing my lingerie, and my body relaxed into his. His hands were hot and quick as they moved over my body. Lips quick as they kissed my neck.

"Maybe? Woman . . . you've already got me hard enough to pound nails." he growled in my ear.

"Babe . . . remember last time . . . we almost . . . mmm"

I could feel his lips moving into the smug smile when my knees buckled as he brushed his fingers over my clit. His arm held me tight against his chest as he thrust two fingers into me. I could barely keep my moans in so he ended up covering my mouth as he bit down on my neck. Somewhere in my head, I knew that that was going to leave a mark but I couldn't bring myself to be angry at the moment.

Part of me was struggling to remain in the moment to hear the girls' feet running down the stairs but that was getting harder by the second. Just like my husband if the bulge I'm feeling is any indicator. My orgasm, the first of the day I'm sure, grew from the tips of my toes until I swore there was light radiating out of my body. When it exploded, I bit down on the inside of Luke's hand not to scream, although it would've been muffled.

My body sagged over the kitchen counter, the coolness refreshing my very overheated body. My husband smugly licked his fingers clean just as our girls deftly came running down the stairs. The last time he pulled a stunt like this Sam almost caught us, that was . . . interestingly compromising.

"Mom, are you okay?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired sweetie. I'm not feeling too good." I replied, glaring at my husband.

"Daddy, why you licking your fingers?" Lani asked.

"Spilled some of mommy's coffee when I tried to kiss her." he smiled, moving to wash his hands for Lani's sake since we've been trying to teach her about cleanliness.

"That no good. Coffee is hot." she argued.

"Very hot."

"Alright girls, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

"Cereal." both of them said.

"Cap'n Crunch and Frosted Flakes it is."

"Dad, are you gonna be home tonight?" Sam asked.

"Don't know yet, why?"

"Just asking, I wanted to practice soccer with you."

"I'll do my best." he said, kissing her head.

"Go, Mr. Hobbs, get your workout in while I take our girls to school." I said, looking up at my husband.

"I love you Mrs. Hobbs." he smiled, leaning down to kiss me.

"Kiss! Daddy kiss!" Lani shouted.

They have this morning routine, after he kisses me before leaving Lani demands her kisses as well. He picks her up and peppers kisses all over her face, it makes her giggle and that's the most precious sound in my world.

"I love you, daddy." Keilani said, laying her head on his shoulder.

I swear, every time his girls say that they love him, his eyes light up like a little kid on Christmas morning. He loves our daughters, he loves his time with them. I can't wait to give him another one and hopefully, this time it's a boy but it doesn't really matter because he is an amazing girl-dad. I'll have to stop by the Walgreens on my way home because I have a feeling . . . maybe this isn't premenstrual. I don't want to say anything until I'm sure though, we've had so many disappointments in the past year that I don't want to get his hopes up.

I really can't get over how quickly time passes. By the time the girls' spring break came around I had already gotten two negative results on the pregnancy tests and Keilani was doing amazing in school. She really loves being out and about with friends and she's so damn smart. Sam was excelling in school and taking her soccer really seriously. Luke is finally back to work full time, although he's still not traveling as much as he used to. Me, I'm trying and hoping and praying that I can buy this pregnancy test and get home without my husband realizing it because I don't want to take it in the CVS bathroom.

Luke is excited, he wants one more baby and so do I but I've been sensing a change in my husband lately. He's working later than normal, spending more time out. He misses the job, he misses being out on the road for weeks at a time doing what he loves. That's not to say that he doesn't love us, I know he does, I see it in his eyes when he looks at me and the girls. I love this man more than I ever knew I could love someone, and that's how I know what I know.