Chapter Nine:

We drove back from the shopping center to Niall's house. I was starting to memorize the route. I've been here only a few times but it feels like home, whenever I'm with him it feels like I am home.

I had the bag with the Ukulele on my lap, "Thank you again, for the ukulele. You didn't have to,"

"I haven't been shopping in a while I'm glad that I could get you something," He looked over at me, and placed his hand on my thigh. I put my hand over his and smiled. We continued the road following into the gated neighborhood. We stopped at the main fence and he put in his pin, opening the gate. We drove back further into the neighborhood and followed the driveway up into the garage. Niall parked inside, and I got out. I walked to the trunk and grabbed the bag of candles while he grabbed his suit. He gave me the keys and I unlocked the door and headed inside. 

I placed my ukulele and candles on his counter then sat down. Niall walked over to the fridge and opened it, "Hungry?" I asked.

"Yeah" he answered while pulling out a tin of leftovers. He popped open the lid and grabbed a plate.

"What's that?"

"Ravioli, I made it two nights ago. Want some?"  I nodded "mhm" as a response, and walked over to Niall grabbing a plate. He opened a drawer taking two forks. I took one from his hand pulled out a portion. He did the same and we both put them in the microwave.  I grabbed both of the plates and sat them down on the counter. Niall pulled out a bar stool for me while I sat down. He sat down in the seat next to me and we started eating.

"Niall, did your mom teach you this too?"

"Heh, yeah she did" Niall's mom is probably amazing, her food was great and so was her teaching abilities. I finished my plate and put it in the sink, Niall did the same. I sat down on the couch and pulled out my phone. I started looking through socials when I saw another article about me and Niall.

"Niall, there's an article about us"

"Really? This is the fourth one" he came up behind me from the couch while showing him my phone. He placed both of his hands on my shoulders squeezing them, he placed a small kiss on my cheek and walked around, " Amber, more are going to come. Not to mention fans there going to find your accounts"

"I'm fine with that Niall if that's what it is. I'm glad to be recognized. I just don't know what I'll do about work"

"What do you mean 'about work'?"

"I'm probably going to have to write articles about me and you, speaking the company I work for is a news anchor"

"Right, do you think they'll let you write about it? Wouldn't you almost be a liability"

"Maybe, depends, since I am an employee. They would want direct sources, so I would be more reliable than a liability to the company"

"Let's not talk about it, it's the weekend. We can't sort this out Monday"

I took a deep breath, "Right," Niall sat down next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I repositioned myself to be leaning up against him with my hand on his chest, and head on his shoulders. He grabbed the remote off of the coffee table.

"New episodes of Grey's Anatomy came out on Netflix, can we watch it?" I asked.

"I didn't know you liked medical shows," he turned towards me with a confused look.

"Well the character are hot, so that's why I started watching it"

"You're attacted to the characters? That's the whole reason you watch it?"

"The storylines good too!" I said in a mean tone. He chuckled and shook his head, "what?" I ask.

"You're cute when your mad," I scoffed at his remark, " don't make me fix your attitude"