Chapter 5 ~ Jorge:

7:00 am -

I woke up to shouting coming from downstairs, I got out of bed and went downstairs with just my joggers on where I saw Martina shouting at crying Joshua, I wanted to stop the shouting but when I saw why Martina was shouting, I could see Joshua bleeding with a glass smashed on the floor, I walked towards Joshua and Martina.

Jorge: What is going on?

Martina: I'm so sorry, Mr Blanco, it was an accident.

Jorge: What was an accident?

Martina: Well, I gave Joshua a glass of juice and I didn't realise the glass had a crack on the side, he cut his lip on it I'm so sorry I understand if you want to fire me, my second day and I have already done something wrong.

Jorge: Woah, calm down Martina, you're not fired it's just a learning situation, like you said It's only your second day we all make mistakes who doesn't we aren't perfect.

Martina: Really?

Jorge: It's fine, Joshua come here let's clean you up.

I sat on my legs after wetting a kitchen towel. I wiped Joshua's lip which was overflowing with blood. Martina sat on the sofa feeling guilty. I finally stopped the bleeding from his lip and sent him upstairs to get dressed and ready for School, while I sat down next to Martina.

Martina: I'm an awful governess.

Jorge: Martina, you made one mistake you can't let that get you down.

Martina: You should be shouting at me, I cut your son's lip with a glass.

Jorge: Martina, stop blaming yourself, Joshua and Ethan love you already, they think you are good and believe me I wish I could be here all the time, but I can't and if I could be here all the time then I wouldn't have needed you and I do need you.

Martina: You mean Joshua and Ethan need me, right?

Jorge: *Agrees with her* Yeah, they need you, so what do you say we let the boys get dressed and we can both take them to the park for a bit before they go to school.

Martina: Okay, but don't you have work this morning?

Jorge: It's okay, I'll text Ruggero to cover for me, it's only this morning, I'll do some work at home later. 

I smiled at her and went up to get dressed as I walked downstairs, I saw Matina doing Ethan's zipper up off his coat.

Ethan: Daddy, Martina said we were going to the park before school.

Jorge: Yeah, well if we hurry up then you will have more time at the park.

The boys got into the car and sat on their car seats, while Martina was sitting in the front with me, as we arrived at the park the boys ran to the swings while Martina and I walked in the park.