Chapter Thirty-One: Lauren, Summer, 2009

It turned out Lauren was able to live with herself after all. As she lay spooned into Rachel in her bed, the two of them exhausted from a marathon of lovemaking, she thought she could live with herself just fine.

It started when Lauren came by to collect physical evidence to use against Martin Heath; the man had been crass enough to leave a pair of his briefs at Rachel's apartment. Lauren hadn't intended on anything at all when she got there, but soon after hugging Rachel at the door she became very aware that the two of them were alone together in her apartment, that this hadn't happened since they'd reunited, and that Lauren was not due back at work for some time, this being actual paid work scheduled to her by Sunny, who'd hired Justiciar for the work, because Sunny's firm was defending Mrs. Anderson's will in court against a petition by Martin Heath's development company to remove Rachel as executor of the will. For her part, Rachel had by this time begun a relationship with Al, for which Lauren was glad, as both of them deserved to be with each other, and Lauren had fully intended to honour the commitment they were making.

Then something happened.

They were searching for other evidence Heath had been there; their search took them throughout Rachel's apartment, and they ended up in her bathroom. They were chatting about Rachel's first time with Al only two days before, and Rachel's description aroused her, and suddenly Lauren was stripping out of her clothes and luring Rachel into the shower. They then went on to do much more to each other than they'd done when they were thirteen, in the shower and on Rachel's bed, and Lauren was almost overwhelmed by Rachel's hunger for her, only hinted at when Rachel had complimented her about her Skype show the previous Thursday. It validated everything Lauren had believed since they were younger, since before her friend moved away, when Rachel told her, after affirming that she loved Al, "And I love you. I fucking love you," and it left her feeling drugged and happy, spent and silly.

"I remember you whispering that in my ear just before you left. And I said that I fucking loved you too. I do still, I never stopped," she said.

Rachel sighed. "Me neither. I also love Joe and Sunny too. I wish I could just love all of you equally, and that it didn't have to be more complicated than that."

Lauren was grinding into Rachel's hand now. "You are not fucking my husband, and you are not fucking Tej's husband," she said between gasps. "I'm jealous enough that you're with Al. No one else needs to get hurt."

"No. I couldn't handle Joe's cock," Rachel whispered into her ear, and Lauren cried out in pleasure at that; they were now enacting a mirror image of that night when they were thirteen. "And Sunny's beard would be too itchy. I might like to see what Tej is like, though."

Lauren burst out in surprised laughter and spanked Rachel's ass. "You naughty girl! Oh, fuck! Keep going, just like that! Tej is pretty hot, though. Maybe we can get a three way."

Rachel chuckled, but she kept working her. "Wouldn't that just bring everything crashing down. We're risking enough as it is, just the two of us, and I'm worried this time won't be enough."

"Yeah!" Lauren said, but it came out as a cry, and she shuddered and bucked against Rachel as she came, astounded that the woman still knew how to work her so well.

Lauren smacked her forehead and said. "Damn, we should have recorded ourselves, in case this was the one and only time, and we could play it back for our own pleasure."

"Wouldn't you be worried about evidence?"

She sighed. "Yeah, you're right, what do I do for a living?"

"But hey, there's still my little show with Al to look forward to."

Lauren gasped. "You're right, I almost forgot, I was so focused on seducing you that I forgot to look forward to watching how Al fucks you. That will be a pleasurably new experience."

"You're going to love it. It'll be Friday evening."

"You're waiting until Friday to have sex with him again?"

Rachel chuckled. "No, are you kidding? We're doing it at his place too, but my place on Friday, and that's where my laptop will be." Lauren felt her lips on her neck and shivered. "You know, for the first time, I got him to shave himself everywhere so he was hairless."

Lauren turned to face her. "Really? I like my men hairy."

"I can tell. Joe's a fucking caveman. I normally don't want my men hairless, either, but... see, I originally thought I wanted the experience of feeling him against me as if we were both thirteen again..."

"You have some interesting ideas," Lauren said, getting on top of her and sucking her breasts. Jesus Christ, this couldn't just be their only time.

"But here's what I think now," Rachel said through gasps. "I think what I really wanted was... the feel of you against me, and I subconsciously forced that image on his body."

Lauren chuckled and crept down between her legs. "You naughty, naughty girl," she said. "So when you were fucking Al, you were thinking of fucking me?"

"Yes! Yes!" Rachel cried. "I mean, no, not at the time, I was fully in the moment with him, but... oh, God, we're in trouble, aren't we?"

Lauren made no comment, she was too busy working on her, but she agreed with her wholeheartedly, because breaking her marriage vows had proved not to be very hard at all, and she didn't feel as terrible about it as she thought she would, and that could cause her to make mistakes in the future, mistakes that could cost her everything.

Thanks for reading this far! In the first novel of this series I wrote this scene from Rachel's point of view, with her imaginary friend Sam watching the whole time. If you liked what you just read, hit the "Vote" button and leave a comment. To see what Al's doing in the present day, click on "Continue reading."