Chapter 7-Yep, love

I always knew Leafpool was special to me..but I didn't know I loved her!

Mothwing was walking back to where she left Leafpool. Felix- a strange kittypet that had saved them from the badger- had some knowledge of what Mothwing felt. And he had told her that she loved Leafpool.  No matter how much she had wanted to deny it, every part of her knew it was true.

Het fur pricked with excitement. Should she tell her? It was exciting that she was in love. She had never been in love before!  But this felt...it felt good.  Mothwing liked the feeling the ThunderClan medicine cat gave her.  She liked how Leafpool was always so calm, and graceful. She liked how she was always happier when she was around. She especially liked the strange bit of shyness she would get when near Leafpool.  I love her..  

As she kept walking, she neared the shelter they had. "Leafpool?" Mothwing mewed quietly, her voice quivering.    

No response.

Mothwing padded into the small den they had and was shocked to see that the nest Leafpool was in, was empty.  She sniffed the moss, finding Leafpools sweet scent, and walked around the den for any traces of where she might have gone.  Mothwing felt a strong desire to keep her safe. Thunderclan needs her, need her.  Finally, Mothwing caught some of the Medicine cat's scent and started to follow it. 

The wet rain soaked through her thick pelt, but it never bothered her. She was RIverClan after all.  Mothwing continued to follow the trail, and almost wailed aloud when she lost the scent.  The rain must have washed it away.  That never stopped her from giving up before.  Mothwing looked around for a while, watching the moon grow brighter.  Leafpool, where are you?   Mothwing glanced around, and let her claws dig into the dirt.  

Mothwing started to walk on again, until she felt a pang of hunger grasping her belly, begging for food.  It was against the code to hunt for yourself, but she couldn't starve!  Mothwing sighed.  She was a medicine cat, she had to follow code no matter what.  Ignoring the hunger she felt, she let the paws continue, her pads growing sore and tired, her eyes drooping, but her mind filled with the temptation to find Leafpool.  I won't let anything happen to you.  Mothwing promised to herself.  And it was true. She wouldn't let any harm come to Leafpool for as long as she was in RiverClan.  

The pain in her belly kept coming back, and it got harder, and harder to push it away.  She couldn't help it any longer. She would hunt. Mothwing had been a warrior before a medicine cat, so she knew how to hunt, and fight.  It would be rather hard to find food in this rain, but Mothwing still hoped.  Surely there was a river around here somewhere.  Or a squirrel looking for food and shelter. She sniffed the air, finding only the scent of rain.  Pricking her ears, Mothwing could hear rustling behind her. She turned to see a small mouse eating in the rain.  It wasn't much, and wouldn't taste as good as fish, but she wasn't about to starve.

 Mothwing got in her hunting crouch, which was not perfect as she had not stalked prey as much as the other clans do.  She let her tail stay low, and kept her belly close to the ground.  She was about to creep forward but a large hawk swooped low, eyeing her mouse. that my mouse!  Mothwing sprinted forward, just missing the mouse, at the same time, the hawk grabbed on to her prey with its huge talons. no!   The RiverCLan medicine cat sprung at the large bird, clawing its wings.  The hawk let out a screech and tussled with her for a while.  Its talons scraped along her flank, leaving a wound.  Hissing and spitting, Mothwing gave the bird a big blow on the head. The hawk had enough of this and shook Mothwing off. He flapped his wings ready to fly, but Mothwing needed food. She jumped. She jumped hanging on to the mouse, and let her forearms weave between the hawk's legs, wrapping them around, so she had a tight grip.  Her weight was stronger than the large bird and began to push him down. The hawk screeched, and let go of the mouse, dropping Mothwing with it.  Mothwing landed on all fours, and sighed, relieved. Beside her lay the small mouse, squished and wet.  It was crowfood now.  But Mothwing was starving, and bit into that mouse, letting its warm blood flood through her tongue.  It tasted sour and stale, but she was grateful and in a blink, she had finished the mouse.  She was ashamed to have eaten crowfood, but it had let her hunger die down a bit.

Mothwing licked her lips, wanting more, but she pushed aside the thought and kept ongoing. Her belly wasn't satisfied with the small scrap, and her wound from the hawk began to sting. She winced with pain.  She scavenged for herbs to help and was more than happy when she found a small bundle of Marigold. She placed the herbs across her wound and stood up. It was time to look for Leafpool.

She kept walking until her legs grew achy, and her fur grew heavier with the weight of the rain. The mouse she had eaten earlier seemed like moons away, and her hunger was back.  She was going to take just a small rest. The boggy ground was filled with moss, and the night grew darker. There were wet plants all around her covering the ground. The soil had become soaked and was turrning to mud. It wasn't a great place to rest, but Mothwing could not go on any longer.   She was about to settle down in the mud when she heard a rustle.  She looked behind her to find a brown tabby lied across the ground, covered in dirt, and wounds, her pelt stuck to her bones making her look skinnier than she really was.  Leafpool!  Mothwing was filled with relief and sadness. She had found Leafpool, but she looked close to death. no, you cant be dead, I won't let that happen!  

Suddenly, all her aches and pains had gone away. Her only goal was to keep Leafpool alive. Mothwing dragged Leafpool to some shelter under a tree. She set her down and started to lick her pelt the wrong way to awake her. Motheing purred softly when she could see Leafpool started breathing again.  

She nuzzled Leafpool softly, and settled beside her, her pelt pressing against Leafpool's.  She let her head fall and went to sleep beside the kind tabby.

So, I'm so so sorry this took long to update. I have been dealing with some things at home, and am having a hard time in life rn. But I love you all so much, so I decided to make another chapter to hold you guys off!!  I really hope you enjoy it, remember to Vote, Follow, comment, and even share if you can!!! ((you don't have to do any of that if you don't want (:  

-Skywhisper