The Truth About Ryker Rook

"She wasn't left on her relatives doorstep like Potter was , Harry was ...lucky, we couldn't save Ivory"

"-I've never seen power like it , she nearly killed that boy"
"-Ivory Star has always possessed immense power ...she killed -"
"How have you controlled it -"
" my boy I'm surprised you have not heard the whisperings of her school mates ...she is someone not to be trifled with "

I floated in and out of consciousness .Fragments of a conversation somewhere drifted back in and out .....

Finally my eyes fluttered open ....my chest barley rising with fragile breaths..

"Ivory , can you hear me child ?"

"Mcgonagal  ? " I whispered , her kind , old face unfocused and blurred.

"Shhh , yes , yes it's me " I felt her warm , slender hand cover mine comfortingly.My whole body shivered at her touch.

"Ryker , he wasn't moving , I killed Ryker , I did it again  " I murmured groggily , salty tears dribbling down my pale cheek.

"No ivory , you didn't kill Mr.Rook , he's alive , barley.But he's alive , he suffered third degree burns , half of his body was burnt , they had to use extremely strong magic to heal him." She gripped my hand earnestly.Her gentle voice firm.But there was disappointment woven through her voice , it was broken .

"My child , you almost died , the magic you expelled from your body was to powerful , your heart nearly stopped"
Salty tears stung the fresh stitches in my swollen lip.There were many cracks in her face . Wrinkles , harsh ones that carved into her lovely eyes and nice smile.

"Ivory , Draco carried you down to medical himself , he's visited you every day , he feels responsible "

"Days ! How long have I been down here ? I knew it ,you did hex us all ....Draco ...why is he here why have you tried to hide him from us ...."

"Three days , almost four , you've been unconsciousness , Draco had watched you almost everyday , cloaked as a Raven , perched from the beams of the roof "

"I'm - S sorry , I couldn't ...control it "
She smiled sadly.
"I know my child , I know and from the moment I cradled you in my arms I pledged to you and to myself  that I would save you , like myself and Dumbledore did to Potter , all those years ago..."  her own wrinkled eyes became wet as she stroked my icy hand.

"Ivory , we have been able to contain your magic for many years , we have been able to reverse the damages almost every time .But this time my child , your power , your magic was to much .You destroyed the classroom , you almost killed your classmates and Mr.Rook in the process . If it wasn't for myself and Draco , I doubt you would've survived."

"What are you saying ? " I pulled my hand away from hers ...

"Ivory , we have to find a permanent way to control your magic , as you grow it will only become stronger , uncontrollable , it will destroy you and everyone around you if we don't act now .As soon as you are well enough ....you will begin to train yourself You must face your magic and master it , before it kills you.Or someone else."

"Please , please don't make me face it , I can't ...I won't "

"You must , you will have to face your biggest fears , your darkness , you must defeat it , before it defeats you."

"I cannot ..." I sobbed , drawing my shaking hands to my face.

"You must , you will .Draco Malfoy will over see your training , he volunteered himself , Draco is ...facing his own darkness at the moment and I believe he is the only one who can truly understand your battle "