The War To End All Wars

" She stepped out from behind Lucius Malfoy , wearing her own mask of death across the battlefield , their own secret weapon in tow and I watched Draco crumble , staring into eyes that could only be described as his own"

The past had come back to haunt us . Never had the halls or dormitory's of Hogwarts been so silent.Never had the classrooms stud so empty , or the courtyard so bare.Not a leaf , nor rustle of a post owl's wings broke it.Not the skitter of a spider that made a run for it across the dusty breath of the hallway.Not a wolf somewhere deep in the woods howled to greet the dark morning.Casting a mournful haze over the school , that was now a ruin.A landmark of its former glory days.A tourists haunting grounds.To touch the same ancient stone walls that the famous prodigal son Harry Potter once had . To see his dorm room , as preserved as the yellowing books , encased in glass in the school library.Studybooks that were once Hermione Grangers.Sitting as still and useless as the awful jumper displayed behind thick glass above the Gryffindors common room fireplace.Once worn and knitted for none other than the lion hearted , flame headed third musketeer . Ronald Weasley.But they were nowhere to be found now.Fame and fortune had swept them away in a luxurious haste.Leaving the very school that made them to rot and ruin.

On the verge of its second war.A war of old villains and new hero's.

Everywhere was emptied except the School Hall.Which still beat strong through the drafty passages and winding staircases.Forever the heart of Hogwarts.Every student , young and old , blue , yellow , green and red. First years and Seventh years , fourth years and seconds all squashed into the stone hall , shoulder to shoulder.With matching somber expressions and scared faces.Anxious eyed flickering around , warning off other colours as they sought safety in numbers . And numbers they were nearly four hundred Hogwarts Students.Tired and confused , ordered out of their beds at the crack of dawn.Stomachs still empty.Questions still unanswered as they faced front and centre . Towards the little platform of stone that hadn't yet been occupied.

Until now.
Sharp , resounding footfalls echoed eerily through the dead quiet, not fast nor slow .Minerva Mcgonagal . Dressed in all her finery . Fur cloak , with sky blue velvet , twinkling stars sewed all over , matching witches hat that sat proud atop her fully grey hair.The fur fell to the floor grandly , a heavy necklace of sapphires studded round her neck.Wand folded neatly in her old wrinkled hands.As she faced all her students.

The picture of control , calm and authority.

A second and third set of footsteps were heard , students heads whipped left and right.
One regimented and confident in boots , The other high pitched and fast , in heels.
Noir and Pansy joined The headmistress at the front.Like lieutenants.
Ebony dressed in a weighted navy coat , that stopped above tall , polished boots.Tight black pants and an army vest tailored to her hourglass shape.Armed with a fierce looking long dagger , strapped to her thigh which she undoubtedly knew how to use.It's smaller brothers and sisters hooked in there own compartments.Her braids had been swapped for a tight bun atop her head.She folded her hands behind her back , wand ready.Legs apart as she surveyed the sea of faces.A large , light grey owl sat on her right shoulder , eyes quick and intelligent.

Pansy interlocked her own hands , jade green six inch heels ,  tight fitted leather pants , a piece of fabric , like a band round her chest , showing off her totally flat stomach.Paired with a thin , sleeveless cloak . Hooded , but it wasn't drawn , she had her caramel hair snatched back into a ponytail that swung as she stopped besides the headmistress.She to stud strong , but she couldn't help but cast a quick look at her old school mates , who even in their half awakened states recognised her as one of their own.She looked over their heads instead.A chubby , scabby cat purred comfortingly against her leg.