Mindgames

"I think I'm falling deeply , intoxicatingly in love with you , Ivory Star..."

I couldn't stop it.My mind seemed to pour out the memory.Something I had locked , buried , swallowed into the deepest , farthest part of my mind.Something I had refused to face ,to own .Like it was unknown to me .Like it never happened.But like water , it seeped out , transforming the ethereal light into another scene.

"No , no no no no " I struggled against Draco , he'd not let go.

The light blasted.Burning hotter than the sun.Burning our skin.
Until it was snuffed out.

"Where are we ?" He panted , a cold sweat taking over his whole body.Me still tangled in his arms.

I felt the moisture sliding down my stiff cheeks.
"The wardrobe" Clothes brushing our heads.We could see through the slim crack where It hadn't been fully closed.I couldn't see anything else , I couldn't move , I could've even breath.I felt Draco instead of saw him.His arm wrapped round me , hugging me to him his heart beating furiously , in sink with mine.
" Ivory ... what's happening ? Why is this your darkest hour . Minerva told me -"

"Ivory ...Ivory child where are you ?" A raspy , fragile voice croaked.Through the crack we watched a thin , wrinkled hand .Liver spots and long , claw like nails reach up from a grand bed.Several fur blankets heaped on top of its senile patient.

"Here Grandmother , I'm here" The soft padding of bear feet across the floor could be heard through the silence.Her sing song voice the only bright thing in the world.

"Ivy , that's you" Malfoy astonished .
"Was" I corrected , sickened by the image of my innocent , pure self.A stranger from another life time.

She was a thin , flat chested , girl.Aged ten.Honey blonde hair beautifully falling down her back in princess ringlets.A healthy blush on both dimpled , freckled cheeks.Made up in the best clothing.An expensive , baby pink dress , with Pearl buttons , gold clasps and not three but four layers of pretty underskirts.Paired with a thin cardigan and a matching hair ribbon.She climbed upon the bed ,the old lady's face obscured by the wardrobe door.

I didn't want to see her .My grandmother.It would truly break me.I leaned harder into Draco.

"You seem so happy.Your hair it's the colour of gold His voice seemed breathless.Stolen.I dare say entranced.Like the happy , worry less child was as unrecognisable to himself than it was to me .
"Oh , I was .So happy we had nobody but each other me and my grandmother .When , when she got sick my world got so lonely" my throat bobbed anxiously." We used to have such fun , we used to dance , read , paint , write , she learnt me how to read tarot cards , Angel cards , tea leaves , French , Russian everything ...."

We observed the child in wonder.As she began to sing softly to her grandmother.A sweet , quiet melody.

"Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Grandmother's gonna buy you a mockingbird.

If that mockingbird don't sing,
Grandmother's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

If that diamond ring turns to brass,
Grandmother's gonna buy you a looking glass.

If that looking glass gets broke,
Grandmother's gonna buy you a billy-goat.

If that billy-goat won't pull,
Grandmother's gonna buy you a cart and bull.

If that cart and bull turns over,
Grandmother's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.

If that dog named Rover won't bark,
Grandmother's gonna buy you a horse and cart.

If that horse and cart falls down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town."

Her soft little voice laughed delightfully.As she curtseyed.
"Oh my little lumière , you will be something great one day" my grandmother smiled.I couldn't see it , but I knew she had.I remembered the way her graceful lips would curl at their corners.The way her wise eyes would swell with such love and pride at her granddaughter.