~Till Death Do Us Part~

Fear excelled me down the winding corridors , I was outrunning the rain . Time , The world .Everything - blended into streaks of grey as I flew , my feet barley touching the ground.Hogwarts began to topple all around me , the tolls of a destructive war breaking it to bits in its clawed hands.Till nothing but dust slipped through its cruel fingers.The ceilings collapsed as i darted under them ,kicking up centuries of dust and rumble into my watering eyes , scratching at the inside of my lungs , it coated me , turning my skin , my hair , my face to a sooty charcoal .Like the stone gargoyles that now fell to their deaths after their supports caved in . The sound of my destroyed home roared behind me as the ruins gave way , quaking to it's chalky knees.The head of a defeated lion appeared in the ebony sky , painted by the ashes of its fallen kingdom.Drawing in a final , choked breath.

Debris was fired of of my way by flashes of ice coloured power , my hands lit , matching the now livid electric of my eyes.I saw the entrance to the astronomy tower staircase . Supernatural gravity coiled round me , pulling me to and up - up the stairs . Telling me Draco was close - within my lethal reach.A great groan resonated over my head.The archway to the tower shuddered , cracks sped along the walls , beginning to splinter.If the ceiling fell before I made it to the stairs I would be trapped , crushed under the weight of a thousand year old fortress.Narrowing my stinging eyes I pumped my legs , forcing them even faster - my lungs howled for air , begging me to stop . But I had to get to that stairway.To Draco -

The ceiling fell , I was two powered strides to short -Time seemed to distort . Everything dragging in a messed up free fall.My mind paused , my hearing cut out . Replaced by a terrible ringing all around me - I didn't process the thought  , but my body did.

" No ! " I shouted , downed out by the structure folding in top of me - the momentum of my sprinting didn't fail me , I threw myself onto my side , skidding on the ground at the speed of light  , under the plunging weight of rock . Twisting flat onto my back as I shot forwards , with a soul shaking lion's roar I struck my hands out over my head as my body sailed below , obliterating everything less than a second before it hammered my body flat into the ground.

Before rolling over and over myself , snapping my spine in two pieces as my body impacted the bottom steps like a rag doll.Rubble replaced the archway I'd just spun threw . Trapping me at the bottom of the tower.In complete , smoky darkness.

Sick , blood and whatever else I'd inhaled on my epic , cinematic sprint spewed all over the steps in steaming acid . Making my throat sting . My rib cage was definitely shattered . The only thing holding my demolished skeleton together was my skin.Internal bleeding sang , my ears still piercing with white noise.The steps sloped sickeningly , until I saw double.Gagging , wiping blood from my nose , feeling it run excessively from my ears somewhere above my eyebrow . Tinging the world in Scarlett.I couldn't get air into my lungs .

Somehow , manic laughter filled my ears . Slicing right threw the tinnitus of my fractured skull.It came from somewhere above me . Bouncing around my head.

I crawled on all fours up the first three steps . Seeing the next three flights climbing way above me .
" Draco ..." I coughed . Reaching for the fourth step .
Something hard slammed down on my fingers , breaking them . I screamed as the bones crunched between the steps and someone's boot.

They pulled away.
Laughing , laughing like a lunatic all the time.
The world rotated round me . I nursed my crippled hand.
Someone's hand weaved itself into my hair , before everything went dark .

I was dead.Or - I should be.
Everything lurched as I pulled my eyes open.Hot , sticky liquid pooling down my nose.My face against cool wood.The rest of my body somewhere beneath me.That laugh , that manic laughter began again , booming , frightening.Mad.